Quirky things you do

You can send them to me…

1 Like

As mentioned above: hookers, drug dealers and “immigrant” workers take them, I’m sure.

RN

2 Likes

If I’m eating a single piece of bread I put whatever spread on the side that has more surface area based on the slope of the top crust. If I’m eating a sandwich then I keep the two slices of bread in the same orientation as they were in the package. I don’t like having to make a sandwich with the last slice of an old loaf and the first slice of the new loaf because the edges aren’t aligned.

3 Likes

STOP GIVING ME NEW QUIRKS!

Now this seems like an important consideration when making a sandwich.

3 Likes

I do the same things, man. Seriously.

2 Likes

I would just grab 2 slices of the new loaf and use the old one as snack toast, with some cheese on top… :drooling_face:

1 Like

I do that too for sandwiches. It’s annoying if the shapes don’t quite match up and then a bunch of stuff is coming out at the edges

I was thinking I had posted in this thread, but realized there’s another with some overlap:

That one seems to be for unintentional errors.

Agreed. I thought that was just automatic (and glad to know it’s not just me).

1 Like

Sometimes it’s nice to know that I am not the only psychotic person with OCD around here. :sandwich:

If we have odd slices of bread I usually just break it into pieces and throw it outside for the squirrels…

The skwirlz in my 'hood have torn my window screens, so they can go fluff themselves!!! :rage:

I hope your skwrilz are better behaved.

@Echo: Skwirl!!!

1 Like

They would not be getting bread if we had that kind of relationship. Although I suppose it might be a bit chicken and the egg. Did you ever try giving them bread?

See my post above.

******in’ skwirlz!!! :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It was the question of why I flipped the bread over that prompted me to post.

When I pull the bread out of the bag I just take two slices and then open them like a book so they will fit back together.

For a grilled cheese I put them face down after opening so I butter the correct side.

When I come out of the shower and I walk to my BR without a towel I announce “naked dad”. I had daughters and thought it was appropriate back then (even though I wrapped myself in a towel from Bath to BR). I live alone now BTW.

My husband and I use random wrong words and phrases from when our kids and foster kids were young.

For example, our foster son before this one called my husband a very wrong variation of his name. So if his name was “Charlie” he called him “Carter.” So I now call him “Carter.”

Our youngest son used to say “what you said?” Instead of “what did you say?” When he was a toddler, so we use that phrase a lot now instead, too.

There are a lot more, but this is making me a little bittersweetly nostalgic, and I have to go into a meeting in 15 minutes.