Political truths that are worth sharing but aren’t funny

I’m sure they would tell you that they aren’t pro-racism, but teaching kids about racism should happen outside of the school, and their kids shouldn’t be made to feel guilty for being born white, which is what they would feel if they were to learn about this stuff at school.

School should be reserved for the important stuff, like prayer and being made to feel guilty for not being Christian.

6 Likes

Is the issue here really that the parents or grandparents don’t want to recognize the racist things that happened on their watch? Like is a kid ever going to feel more guilty for being white when they learn about racist zoning laws from 50 years ago than they are when they learn about slavery from a little more than 150 years ago?

I don’t recall this stuff 10-30 years ago, when these same things were being taught to the children of Boomers. I think this is backlash to BLM and part of the new hate of Liberals. Actual feelings about race and racism are dwarfed by their feelings about Democrats. So it’s not that they want to recognize or not-recognize things, they just don’t want to identify with the same things that Democrats identify with.

(Could definitely be wrong though since I was young and dumb.)

…sarcasm on NA’s part that you missed? Yes.

3 Likes

The racism has always been there but it was less overt. In recent years they have become emboldened and constantly cry about all manner of perceived injustices. It used to be only fringe nutballs, but it is the mainstream of the Republican party these days.

1 Like

You’d have thought her last line would’ve given it away

I remember in college once, getting into a fight over feminism with my girlfriend.

She argued “we need to solve this the same way our parents solved racism, by pretending we aren’t sexist.”

1 Like

no, I got the sarcasm from NAs perspective, it was just a general question because that is a view that many do spout out.

3 Likes

FoxNews (and other sources) told them to be angry. That is all.

2 Likes

It is a giant reaction to refusal to accept white privilege for the simple concept that it is.
We have dealt with it here and at the old place, where people refuse to accept that lack of systematic racism and race based adversity is what was meant by white privilege.

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Is that true?

Wouldn’t surprise me. Monsanto sues all sorts of people for similar offenses.

1 Like

Yes, although it was a while ago and they dropped the suit

1 Like

Are they the ones with the Roundup Ready corn?

I don’t agree with those lawsuits. If your corn blows or spreads onto my property then it’s my corn. I don’t care if they spent a bajillion dollars developing it.

That said, I’m also not super keen on the idea of eating food that came from a plant that was repeatedly doused in Roundup.

1 Like

Breaking news. Lays chips have actual potatoes in them.

3 Likes

9 Likes

6 Likes