Orlando

I agree. It was sloppy of me to word my statement in a way that would imply otherwise.

does anyone have an extra ticket for the Tuesday night dinner?

I need one for my spouse but it looks like it’s too late to buy one from the CAS

Those of you who thought, I’m skipping Orlando, I’ll see where the Annual Meeting is, surely it’ll be somewhere kind of decent, … you’re in for a surprise.

Minneapolis. In November. What could go wrong?

this was me. I’m going virtual for the annual meeting then, if that’s offered.

Nevermind, I found a somewhat backdoor way of purchasing one. Hopefully the CAS processes it correctly.

Minneapolis would be a cool place to hold the spring meeting. I’m not sure why they chose November. There had to have been better choices

I try to golf every november in the twin cities. does not always work out. should still be nice enough weather, assuming you are OK with highs in the 30s and lows in the teens. Not likely colder than that unless something memorable happens. Could be 20 degrees warmer than that range too.

Sweet, Minneapolis is an awesome city.

1 Like

As long as you’re white.

Oh, snap, yeah, I said it.

2 Likes

That’s fair. But given the location of the other 2 seminars actively want me dead, MN it will be.

Well, keep it up. I’m sure it’s exhausting, all the conflict.

This stuck out to me because I’m just evaluating my volunteer activities. My last official role in a volunteer org, trying to make our community better, ended with being yelled at and a volley of hate email to me.
Now I’m being asked to enter local politics because it’s a very charged environment here right now and people want a choice that’s perceived as less extreme, i.e me or someone like me.
Except I’m not sure I have the will to try and push ahead and do what’s right in the face of anger anymore. I want to contribute for the better, but do I want to get yelled at and deal with angry people in order to contribute?

I’ve about 95 percent decided to do a different volunteer activity instead, and just let the politics be damned. I’m going to do a self-run volunteer activity, something I like doing and nobody yells at me.

Point being, keep up the fight, I appreciate at least some of what you’re dealing with trying to make things better for everyone.