NYC restricts the unvaccinated from participating in society

Excerpt:

The app for that: The NYC Covid Safe app offers fewer features than the state app and doesn’t connect directly to vaccine records. Instead it simply stores an image of a vaccine record. That makes it an easier tool for people whose vaccine record is stored outside the state, since US vaccine databases aren’t nationally centralized. But Albert Fox Cahn, who studies vaccine passports as executive director of the Surveillance Technology Oversight Project, points to some drawbacks. Because the city’s app is basically just storing a photo, it will accept pretty much anything as vaccine proof, making it remarkably easy to falsify credentials. “It’s baffling to me that they would go to all this effort to basically reinvent the camera,” says Cahn.

If it’s that easy to falsify, I’m not sure what’s the point.

1 Like

Please no, I don’t wish any harm on you but keep them out of my state.

1 Like

Many local bars are starting to implement vaccine mandates. One even threatened lifetime bans to disrespectful customers. I might stop by one this evening. Not because I feel unsafe at other bars, but just to show support.

2 Likes

I found my vaccination card just fits snugly into the cash part of my wallet so that’s handy. Yet to be carded though.

Yeah, part of me just wants to show off my card. Walmart also has a digital copy through their app, but I don’t remember how to get there.

Walmart had stickers with the vaccine information that they put on my card but asked me to fill out my name and DOB. I was surprised and nervous that they wanted me to fill it out, so it ended up being pretty sloppy. I’m sure it won’t be a problem, but it’s barely readable.

my mother’s friend who she was concerned about future coffee plans, is planning to go get vaccinated with this new restriction. she had covid previously, which is why she was hesitant to get vaccinated immediately. I think it makes sense for people who had covid to wait. They aren’t as vulnerable as the general population to getting sick again.

I’ve got two vaccine cards. Ran inside for my second shot because it was pouring rain outside and I left my card in the car. People said don’t worry about going back in the rain and just filled out a new card for me

Being able to go out for coffee is as good a reason as any to get the vaccine.

1 Like

if you have to show the actual proof of vaccination and can’t use an app or something, isn’t that kinda annoying to have to carry around 2 cards? i only had to show proof so far once, but with the new law in nyc next month it will be more. i’m going to sign up for the app though rather than carry the card.

What’s annoying is that the CDC cards don’t fit well in a standard wallet. Ugggh. Bad design.

2 Likes

it really is. not as bad for me because i carry a bag, but for men would be annoying.

They filled in both the first and second dose spots on my second one, so I’ve got one completely filled out and one with just the first dose listed.
I’ve had to show my card once so I just used my second card.

The only time I’ve been asked for evidence of being vaccinated was for a part-time employer. They took a photo of my card, and I also had to enter all the info on it into text fields. (Yes, even the batch #). And I think they checked my entry against the state vaccine registry, because 3 weeks later they told me they’d accepted my vaccination record.

Anyway, I have a photo of the card on my phone, and if anyone wants to see “my vaccination card”, that’s what I plan to show them.

Yikes… I lost my first card. They wrote in the date when I got my second shot but didn’t have the batch number in their records. So I have no clue which batch of the first dose I received and I don’t think anyone else does either.

I took a picture of mine to keep on my phone

Oddly my NY Excelsior Pass shows an expiration date 6 months after my vaccine, others have a year

1 Like

What’s worse, a vaccine passport to dine indoors / go to the gym, or closing indoor dining / gyms?

or requiring masks again at the gym, which, after i was vaccinated, they still required, but the few times i went, i said fuck it and took it off. doing cardio with a mask on just doesn’t agree with me. i cannot breathe. i noticed others doing the same.

1 Like

And this is why I have no intention of going back to the gym for the indefinite future

ugh, my apartment building is requiring masks in common areas again effective 2 days ago. since i’m not on the emailing list, likely cause i forgot to fill out some form, i just found out about this today. i was walking around like covid didn’t exist. the staff probably thought i was a jerk.

annoying policy to have in my own building.

because people don’t wear masks or they don’t require them? can you actually do cardio with a mask on and breathe? i cannot.