Not annoying, WTF, or even all that cool, but let's talk about it anyway

I bet it’s more than that. They can charge a $3 transaction fee, and they probably get to pocket the whole thing. Plus 100% of the cash spent in their establishment. Whereas if they took credit cards they’d only get 97% of their sales.

3X + Y > 0.97Y if Y is a positive number.

I am in the WRONG buiznit!

1 Like

I mean, I’ve never looked into it. Maybe they only keep $1.50 of the transaction fee. Who knows. But I bet it’s more than $0.25.

BTW - I said the plural of math. No one busted me…
Someone could have had a $20 of today’s MM $1B lotto draw!!!
Nanner-nanner-nah-nah! :wink:

Credit cards do eat up a fair amount of margin. With restaurants being generally low margin businesses, giving up 1.5-3% on every transaction per cc is quite meaningful.

I don’t know how much of the ATM fee he pockets, but I think a lot of it. It flips the equation from cards eating his margin to cards adding to it. You of course don’t need to use it. The place is pretty cheap, so unless you carry zero cash you can probably cover it with what’s in your pocket.

To me they’ll lose business - and inventory turnover is more important? So I stand by my comment 99.999%

It’s a popular restaurant. Big waits are common on the weekend. Maybe some people won’t go if they can’t use a card, but it doesn’t appear to be hurting them.

This guy playing guitar and drums at the same time while singing is pretty impressive:
https://twitter.com/How2Drink/status/1575885810640920579?t=2bN9vu-1gGYgwiU5rBa__g&s=19

I’m laughing at the belly jiggle . . .

A restaurant on a wait literally doesn’t care if people walk away. They can’t serve any more than capacity so there is no marginal loss.

I think that was ArthurItas’s point.

2 Likes