News that makes you say WTF?!?!

Mid 60s here. Will be traveling to -5 on Friday.

Rectum? Damn near killed 'em

1 Like

That’s a long time to have something stuck in your rectum.

2 Likes

2 Likes

That sucks

Probably s/b “A”…

…jmo.

3 Likes

For meep.
Was looking up why egg prices have jumped, and found this headline:

Egg-straordinary price hike: West Michigan left scrambling for affordable eggs

A dozen large eggs now cost over $5.00 at some Michigan grocery stores

1 Like

ugh

Cuz 25% inflation.

I also heard about an avian flu, at least in Western Michigan.
Time to see if Costco has their 5 dozens, and if they have a limit on the number (we usually get two, they last about a month).

Our Costco had no eggs when were there the other day.

I mean, we have plenty of eggs from our ducks, but realistically, they’re very expensive eggs.

But we have some nice ducks to look at. And duck eggs.

I bought eggs for baking cookies right before Christmas and the cheap store brand eggs were $5 per dozen, and the ones labeled “organic” were $10 per dozen.

Geez! That’s a lot for eggs. I bought a dozen eggs a few weeks ago for Christmas baking, but they were nowhere near that much.

Last time I bought eggs at Sam’s they were 5.98 for a pack of 2 dozen. I’m happy with that.

Also gassed up at less than $3 per gallon for the first time in a long while.

Guy kills his wife, his mother-in-law and his 5 kids then kills himself.

Wow, that is horrible. I can’t even imagine what would bring a father to do that. Only motive that was even hinted at was that the wife filed for divorce last month. It’s just crazy and sad.

Bought 5 dozen eggs at Costco. $16. So, $3.20/dozen. A little less than $0.30/egg, and at 6g protein, that’s 5 cents per gram of protein. Still a good deal, compared with a $20/lb steak at $0.18 per gram of protein (prime ribeye at my Costco, and blade-tenderized, hence not buying – can get Choice ribeye on sale at a supermarket for $8/lb).
(Actually bought two five-dozen packs, the max allowed. It will take a month or so to run out.)

Went to the grocery store at lunch. No name eggs were $5/dozen. Egglands Best were $4.88. That was weird.