News Articles that might make the Lounge thread

And apparently it isn’t just having an MD be the prescriber. The new Florida law requires that patients sign a specific informed consent form provided by the government, and the form isn’t available yet even though the law has already gone into effect.

Ugh, that stayed in? I thought that it had been removed. That form will never ever come out.

Yes, I just looked at the signed version of the bill. Consent form for those under 18 who get to keep their medication has to come out within 60 days of bill signing, no deadline exists for adult form.

Charles Barkley:

3 Likes

Puberty blockers are, however, still available, prescribed privately ‘off-label’ by some medics at non-NHS-based gender clinics.

Given the waitlist to get an HRT appointment is 5-10 years in many places in the UK, it’s probably a moot point, but it’s just another evil attack meant to make sure trans kids don’t become trans adults.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I read the primary source on this.

The ruling is to go straight to hormone treatment. This is because every single child who went on puberty blockers ended up getting hormone treatment anyway.

And there is extra risk to delaying puberty. That risk isn’t worth it if nobody changes their mind.

This means many conservative web sites are reporting on it in a misleading way. They use it to imply that evidence does not support children being allowed to transition their gender when this is not true at all.