News Articles that might make the Lounge thread

British school removes wizard author’s name from one of the houses due to transphobic comments.

1 Like

No link yet, but Missouri has introduced a ban on all gender changes on birth certificates.

Amy Schneider wins 28th straight game, becoming 4th person and 1st woman to win over $1,000,000 on Jeopardy

…and was robbed at gunpoint apparently.

Well, yes, that too.

Popular board game software Tabletop Simulator under fire as the community manager equates homosexuality and trans identity to fetishes and ‘not family friendly’

Sounds like someone won’t come out of the closet

A bunch of anti-vaxxers are about to get a small taste of what gender dysphoria feels like if they follow the new anti-vax craze.

Turmeric + cumin + honey doesn’t sound tasty to me!!! :-1: :nauseated_face:

If it were honey + cinnamon to make cinnamon rolls, I could get behind that!!! :yum:

Wow, you might want to cross post that in the “news that makes you say WTF” thread.

1 Like

Legislative update:

• Indiana, South Dakota, Oklahoma introduce a bathroom ban bill for trans people
  • Alabama, Florida, Arizona, Kentucky, Utah, Indiana, and West Virginia have all introduced a teen transgender health care ban
  • South Dakota has an transgender youth sports ban

More on the Tabletop Simulator controversy

Trans person elected leader of Canadian national political party.

Also I guess it wasn’t a big deal since I didn’t know this until today. Which is where we are supposed to be, right? That it’s irrelevant?

1 Like

And another article where they talk about th experiencing things similiar to what mh has posted:

1 Like

Good news for British trans people as they will no longer be required to fund a hate group that is working for their destruction.

Substack seems to be taking the side of anti-trans harassers.

Human Rights Campaign releases 2022 Corporate Equality Index Report - Netflix dropped from Index entirely

2/3rd of trans youth said mental health deteriorated in 2021 due to legislative assault on trans rights.

USA Swimming effectively bans most trans women college swimmers from competing with unsupported 3 year waiting period

Britain’s government equal rights commission has been meeting secretly with anti-trans hate groups