0 voters

@YankeeTripper
@DeepPurple
@Marcie
@OutdoormanNowActuary
@AbstractActuary
@Kat987
@Vorian_Atreides

check out the anonymous polls up above (you are welcome to give your own details if you like)
also check out the ways to keep artists around for Season 2! check out this post for that info

New and improved Season 2 will begin on or around September 8th!

2 Likes

@Rastiln
@OldTimer
@Celalta
@MayanActuary
@BG5150
@soyleche

check out the anonymous polls up above (you are welcome to give your own details if you like)
also check out the ways to keep artists around for Season 2! check out this post for that info

New and improved Season 2 will begin on or around September 8th!

Background music for work: Mostly 00’s/late 90s electronica.
Dancing: 1920s-1940s-inspired music, but a lot of it was covered/re-recorded in better quality later on, so kind of the entire list. Pass on most music from the 50s originally and later.
Active listening: Either 80s-90s hip-hop, indie/folk acoustic like Ingrid Michaelson for a reference, 2010+ dubstep, or 90s-00s punk rock or bubblegum punk. Oh, also lyrical rap, George Watsky or Aesop Rock, arguably Run the Jewels too. Electro-funk and plunderphonics as well.

1 Like

I thought about posting a multi-choice poll to pick favorite genres, but there are so many genres and only 20 choices, I’d have to get pretty generic. I still might do that.

Current work jam. Getting back to the actual work now.

1 Like

My top genre is probably some sort of pop punk, mainly from the early 00’s. Big fan of alternative rock from 90’s to today. I like a lot of fast paced bouncy music over any genre (hip hop, bluegrass, ska, etc). I like hip hop and rap a lot but can be more picky about it. Classic rock is solid, and I know it can get broken down into many sub genres, but particularly southern, bluesy, and pop(?) classic rock. Pop rock in general I usually like. I get really get into folk music, and instrumental. I like modern pop too if it bops. Electronic and techno have their place in my heart too.

If there are genres I don’t like, it’d be country, and metal/hard rock. Though there are always exceptions to the rules.

that was awesome, is there more where that came from??

Grew up on oldies, gangster rap and hip hop. Then went hard into classic rock. At this point I am an ABC music lover (Anything But Country). My active music listening has gone way down since I discovered podcasts. But when I listen, it’s generally indie, pop or the classics. I’ve been known the say that the 80’s is the worst decade of modern music (i.e., post 50s). That’s not to say there aren’t some great songs from the 80’s.

Well Girl Talk is the artist from that and I know he has some more albums, I believe that’s his best renowned but you can find them for free easily.

Check out The Grey Album, mixing up The White Album from The Beatles and The Black Album from Jay-Z.

I found the full album on YouTube actually, my first quick Google search didn’t bring it up.

The 1980s encompassed all of my teenage years, all of high school, and all of college. I didn’t own a radio until high school, and I’ve never owned a record.

1980s rock is the best ever, especially guitar driven rock. Bands such as (no particular order) Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Journey, Styx, GnR, Queen, Metallica, AC/DC, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Aerosmith, ZZ Top, Heart, Rush, Dire Straights, Deep Purple, Rainbow, DIO, The Police, U2, Cheap Trick, Spinal Tap, The Scorpions, Motley Crue, Asia, Toto, and of course Ozzy (especially the Randy Rhoads work). Many of these were considered “metal” at the time, but are nowhere near as heavy as what is called metal today.

I don’t like any classical, any EDM, absolutely no rap/hip-hop. Pop music of the last 20 years is largely disappointing and dull. Country and R&B are not important to me but I like some occasional hits that are cross overs into pop. I liked a lot of 90’s rock, but it wasn’t as formative for me as the 80’s stuff. The exception is Nirvana, who were the pinnacle of 90’s rock. Very little 21st century music is appealing to me. I like the Struts a lot (I scored in this game with them) and The Pretty Reckless has grown on me.

I like a lot of different stuff.

Things I generally like: Classic Rock, Psychedelic or Acid Rock, Folk, Bluegrass, Blues, Outlaw County, Southern Rock.

Things that are hit and miss I like some artists but not necessarily the category as a whole: Progressive Rock, Alternative Rock, Pop Music, Reggae, Skaw, Punk, Heavy Metal

Things I generally don’t like: Hip-Hop, Rap, Pop Country, Jazz, Speed Metal, Classical

1 Like

We are so opposed, then. That probably hits 50% or more of my listening.

I will take a lot of that, though.

These are two artists I like that can be Bluegrass/Folk crossover. Not sure if you’ll care for them but they are 2 different shows from the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival that ran annually in San Francisco’s Golden Gate park up until COVID cancelled it.

John Prine 2014 Concert John Prine Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 2014 - YouTube

Gillan Welsh & David Rawlings 2015 Gillian Welch - 2015 - Hardly Strictly - YouTube

I believe you meant “Outlaw Country”?

I do like Hayseed Dixie (bluegrass covers of AC/DC . . . and other 80’s hard rock/metal bands)

Maybe I meant songs about over throwing the County Seat of Government. Ever think of that?

I can dig blues/bluegrass/folk, but those videos weren’t up my alley. Didn’t listen to all of either, I was jamming to the first around 25 minutes but it just didn’t hit me. I’m sure I’ll share some in the future but it feels like giving away points! I’ll DM you one or more on the condition you don’t steal it :slight_smile:

Coward.

Coward of the County!

1 Like

I was a lineman for the county

2 Likes