New Music Game

Beatles/McCartney solo/Wings would all be allowed as separate entries. If he was featured or in a duet, it would be case by case discretion

I’m intrigued

I wonder if by eliminating an artist entirely after one entry might be doing some disservice to others in broadening their musical horizons. I know that some artist have a pretty wide range of (musical) talent. Some . . . don’t.

Perhaps instead of eliminating all artists presented for a given poll, only eliminate the top two or three (depending on number of entries)? I think it’s fair to eliminate an artist-song pair, though.

I think for the first couple rounds we’ll eliminate all artists and then I’ll try to find a creative way to add some back into the game as it goes on.

I think I’ll give the first category tonight or tomorrow morning. Until then we can let people find the thread and ask questions about rules.

I nominate “Parodies”

1 Like

Does the composition of a band matter? All Van Halen is out or just the David Lee Roth version, once we see a DLR VH song?

Let’s go by group name. So regardless of DLR, Van Halen would get only one song. Counter example would be Crosby Stills & Nash. They can get one song and then Crosby Stills Nash & Young can get a song as well.

One song by Crosby Still and Nash is one too many

Just a Song Before I Go

There. He said it. Nobody can ever use a CSN song now because YT said one.

Not yet . . . no topic has been offered. It’s only those “entries” for which folks vote upon that are ultimately excluded.

We’ll start the first round and give a couple days for entries! The first category will be fairly general.

Submit: A song that reminds you of home

(As a quick guidance, this can be a song that specifically references ‘going home’ or ‘leaving home’ or something like that, but it doesn’t have to. There aren’t really bad answers to this one, though there certainly might be for next time)

Please send me a DM with the song and artist. I will try posting the songs with accompanying youtube videos when it’s time to vote, so if you send me a youtube link I will use that one.

We are up to 7 songs now. But we could do better!

How many artists do you want to knock out in the first round?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

All of them

1 Like

Welp, no one joined yesterday, so we’ll go with 7. Pick a song that isn’t yours, and feel free to discuss. Results will be available when the poll closes.

Should I put the poll at the top of the thread or is where it is fine? Thoughts on that or in general on the poll?

I think poll at the bottom works. For mobile, when I go to this thread it picks up on the new posts I haven’t read yet. Not sure if it works the same on desktop.

Regarding voting… I think we should knock out artists that don’t have a lot of hit songs. I would want to keep Billy Joel, Motley Crue, and Beach Boys.