New Music Game

Sure, I’m still up for it!

Bruce did not write or sing On the Darkside but when it came out there was a lot of speculation that he was both write and singer for a short period. That was my submission.

That Freebird clip was freaking hilarious, I almost voted for it just for that.

Johnny B Goode/Eruption was another one that fit really well with the theme and I considered that one too.

Dance off Bro. Funny as hell scene, but probably not even the best track on the Guardians of the Galaxy sound track.

In the end I went for Falling Slowly as it was a new artist to me who I liked a fair amount and might put into regular rotation.

Who submitted Falling Slowly? I tried to submit it immediately. First movie I watched with my life partner, so boo to you! Even though I voted for it.

Round 8: Submit a song about MONEY

It can be about making money. It can be about saving money. It can be about spending money. It can be about losing money. It can also be about assigning monetary value to an emotion.

Please send me your submissions by Saturday evening.

2 Likes

I am sure I had heard On the Darkside before, because it sounded familiar and I could predict some of the melody as I listened. I had no idea it was from a movie, or anything about that movie. In the end it was still kinda new to me and I’m a sucker for Bruce (even though the song is not related to him in any way) so I voted that way. Almost voted for Johnny B Goode because it’s a classic and also You’re so Vain I don’t remember why.

I submitted that one, and had the same fun realization about the Matt Damon cameo.

I’m sad that “Stuck in the Middle with You” got no votes. That is THE most iconic music scene in movies, ever.

1 Like

It’s a good scene but really brutal to watch.

1 Like

It’s gruesome and disturbing. That’s why it is memorable

Bonus points if the artist’s name is also money related?
:nerd_face:

I have a secondary submission once they’re all in, but I personally despise the artist so refused to submit (and would not vote for).

A$AP Rocky?

I’m banking that I think I’ll have the most creative entry for the category.

While I’m tempted to find a Weird Al song . . . I went in another direction.

I have a guess

“Take this Job and Shove It” by Johnny Paycheck

1 Like

I’ll let them fess up to it, though I’m sure you can figure it out from my winners post a few posts up.

1 Like

Oh, duh.

I’m sorry; it was the first thing to come to mind. I had some second thoughts as I feared it might be viewed as kind of a lazy submission since the movie centers around musicians (rather than a more clever use of diagetic music) but it is a fantastic song in a pretty good film.

Just a reminder if you haven’t messaged me your submission, please do so by this evening! The topic for this week is to submit a song about money.

This week I learned that Money Changes Everything was not originally done by Cindi Lauper but rather some Atlanta band called the The Brains.

Missed opportunity from round 6?
(Although you handily won that round)