New Music Game Season #2

You chose well: the sound was great. This would have been my #2 vote.

The trippy visuals I could do without, but I mostly ignored them after the first 30 seconds or so.

In picking my song for this week I started down the YouTube rabbit hole of songs I’d never heard of. By the time I got to a Bollywood song I realized I had gone a liiiitle too far. So I ended up going back and finding a song that I already knew and liked that included six “nas” in it.

2 Likes

We got more entries than last week, still room for more though!

2 Likes

We’re all going to be hearing “Na na na na na na” in our na-na-na-nightmares na-na-na-next week.

2 Likes

A little preview of the poll perhaps?

A Na Na Na Song

0 voters

Since I cannot vote for my own choice, I am sad that nobody selected my other top choices, which are “Lovin Touchin Squeezin” by Journey and “Hush” by Deep Purple.

I thought you were going to submit Hush for sure. I considered it. But figured I’d save it for you given your forum handle.

My top 3 this week, I flipped back and forth on which one to vote for, and still might flip before the polls are closed. (spoiler tags in case you haven’t voted)

Don't click until after voting

NA NA NA - Class
PYT - Michael Jackson
Weird Kid - Chris Malinchak and Kiesza

Kicking myself for not submitting Blink-182, they’ve got a perfect one. Voted for the one I didn’t know and actually enjoyed.

4 songs I didn’t know. 2 of which I am considering. Can those beat out the top song of the ones I already knew? I’ll need to decide soon.

1 song stood out to me making this a pretty easy vote this week.

Overall didn’t love this week, to be honest. Even going in, not my favorite theme, and then the songs reinforced that.

Steam with the first one I thought of, “Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye” The best way to help opposing fans exit the game in your stadium.

Wilson Pickett with the most iconic “Na, na na na na, na na na na na na na na, na na na na”

Michael Jackson the best song on the list. But a late and somewhat weird “na na na na” feature.

Welp, I was a big fan of this week but maybe that goes to show that I should just randomize the category like usual instead of picking a suggestion I liked.

I liked pretty much every song this week and had fun searching for a Na Na Na song.

1 Like

I did not dislike the category as much as I thought.

Songs fell into a couple of groups -

• Very common that I do like (j giels, wilson picket, steam)
  • Very common that I did not like (Summer Set, MJ, Will Smith)
  • Unknown to me that I did like (Swans, Kiesza, Linkin Park)
    -Unknown to that I did not like (Streetlight Manifesto, Class)

I only really liked ones I already knew for this one. Though I did not like one I did know, and it was my own submission. It was just the only one I could think of at the time. xD

Appears you cannot quote a spoiler, or it’s complicated.

@YankeeTripper for post-voting

I actually don’t care for the Steam I submitted, but panic-submitted and actually had never heard the song outside of the hook so figured it might go over well. Not a terrible song, to be fair.

Who submitted the Swans and how have I not heard of them before now? They are freakin awesome.

I felt the same way about the category. Didn’t get a chance to listen as much as I’d like before having to vote, so this is how it shook out for me:

• Songs I knew: Centerfold, PYT, Swans (all liked - 2 classic 80s songs + my entry)
  • Songs I kind of knew: - both liked
    • Wilson Pickett (didn’t know the name of the song or artist, but recognized the na na na’s)
    • Steam (never knew until now there are actual words besides “hey hey goodbye”)
  • Song I thought I knew, but didn’t: Will Smith. This song was huge in the mid-90s but it didn’t sound familiar to me at all. Not my cup o’ tea.
  • Unknown to me:
    • Everything Went Numb - really liked the first 5 or so seconds, rest of song was pretty good
    • Maybe Tonight - pleasant, but kind of forgettable in my couple listens through the list. I might try to give this more of a chance later
    • Class - not bad, poppy but didn’t really stand out to me (did I mention I didn’t listen as much as I’d like?)
    • Kiesza - I liked this one & ultimately voted for it. Of all my “unknowns” it seemed the one I’d most likely return to
    • Linkin Park - again, didn’t stand out in 1 or 2 listens, but I’ll admit this one being at the end of the list meant it got less of my attention

Dominated this round