NCAA Pick 9 Game - 2024

Coming back after a one year hiatus…

Pick 8 teams in the NCAA Tourney field to succeed, and one to fail miserably. Points are awarded based on seeds and how far they make it (or not). For the 8 teams you think will perform admirably, they get points for their seed number multiplied by the points selected for that round. You get 1 point for a first round win, 2 for the second, 3 for a Sweet 16 win, 6 for the Elite 8, then 8 in the Final Four and 10 for the championship. (Sorry first four, you don’t count). So a 10-seed gets 10 points for winning one game, 30 for making it to the Sweet 16, etc. But taking Houston (posting ahead of Selection Sunday but presuming they’re a 1) to win it all would only net you 30.

As for that lovable loser. Or Kansas, a reminder that I hate Kansas. They will get you bonus points based on how quickly they lose. A 5-8 seed will get you 1 point for bowing out in the first round. A 3-4 seed losing in the first round gets you 4, in the second round 2. Pick a 1-2 seed and they will get you 10 points for a first round loss, 8 for a second round loss, and 4 if they lose in the Sweet 16.

Place all picks here, scores will be tallied periodically, but not before Thursday.

1 Like

I played in a golf tourney last week. Your order of finish determined your NCAA tourney team. I am getting a 6 seed following a poor round. Was hoping FAU could get a 6.

You may be happy again this year. Their opponent has an up-and-coming coach that might be able to guide his team to an upset.

UConn 1
Houston 1
Illinois 3
Nevada10
Oregon 11
NC State 11
New Mexico 11
James Madison 12

Baylor 3

Shhhhh

Houston 1
Arizona 2
Marquette 2
Creighton 3
Auburn 4
Saint Mary’s 5
Michigan State 9
New Mexico 11

Illinois 3

UConn 1
SD St 5
UNC 1
Alabama 4
Houston 1
Kentucky 3
FAU 8
UAB 12

Purdue 1

UConn 1
Purdue 1
Arizona 2
Kentucky 3
Auburn 4
Oregon 11
New Mexico 11
McNeese 12

Kansas 4

UConn 1
North Carolina 1
Marquette 2
Illinois 3
Duke 4
Washington St 7
New Mexico 11
Duquesne 11

Iowa St 2

Iowa St 2
Arizona 2
Tennessee 2
Illinois 3
Duke 4
New Mexico 11
NC State 11
McNeese State 12

Kansas 4

UConn 1
Tennessee 2
Arizona 2
Duke 4
Gonzaga 5
St Mary’s 5
Oregon 11
N Mexico 11

Kansas 4

Alabama 4
Auburn 4
Duke 4
Gonzaga 5
Michigan State 9
Colorado 10
New Mexico 11
Oregon 11

North Carolina 1

UConn 1
Houston 1
Illinois 3
Creighton 3
Alabama 4
Gonzaga 5
McNeese 12
James Madison 12

Lovable Loser: Iowa State 2

Drake 10
BYU 6
SD State 15
Gonzaga 5
Creighton 3
Colorado St 10
New Mexico 11
Alabama 4

Loser = Tennessee 2

Marquette 2
Iowa St 2
Arizona 2
Creighton 3
Colorado St 10
McNeese 12
Samford 13
Vermont 13

Loser: Kansas 4

MH gets the first upset and 3rook with the first loss

Kansas survives and we all missed on Kentucky… but 11s were definitely the way to go

Samford was robbed! Sorry, couldn’t resist the homer.

They were definitely robbed of a chance to take the lead.

Some questionable officiating in the FAU/NW game (so I’ve heard. Because I have been working all day)

SEC is struggling with Kentucky, Auburn, Florida, and South Carolina going down.