Music All you fun king funking lovers love

switch it up

1 Like
1 Like

So I was watching Extraordinary on Hulu last night and the sound track is quite interesting. Some I recognized some I did not but this band called Petty Sick was one that came up and I’ve been going through their catalog that’s not that extensive but seems pretty good. This one wasn’t from the show, I think that one was Superstar but this is one I particularly liked and seems pretty representative of their “sound”.

1 Like

Been getting some interesting music during my workouts this week. Just searching ‘greek dance music’ or ‘romanian dance music’ and hitting a random playlist.
Gonna have to think of some out of the way place to try next. british isles? taiwan?
I watched a clip on some ‘new’ dance music that’s coming out of south africa and that’s pretty fun stuff as well.
Also, my spouse, ‘what in hell are you listening too?’.

1 Like

It will always be this one. Even if they stole the idea from Anthem and dislike Ann Rynd.

But this is their funnest lyrics.

1 Like

Concrete Blonde interlude over.

Have I posted this? I love Thumpasaurus. So Here, enjoy it again.

This song brings out a story, and I’m drunk enough I don’t care if I tell it. Back when I was a young wannabe actuary in Lexington, KY I was married, with two kids and a few years away from my past in my hometown. We, my wife and I had a friend from home spend the night on our couch on her way to family in another state. She had an ex that promised to “fuck her up” if he could. We, Lisa and I, sat up after the kids and the wife went to bed like a couple of smoking buddies will do. She related to me what led her to dropping everything and moving many states away. Her story hurt. She moved on. I couldn’t let it go. A couple of weeks later I told my wife I needed to work all Saturday which wasn’t unusual as we were implementing the new FAS97 and it was swamping us at work. I let the house at 7:30 am.
I had a 3 and a have hour drive one way to get to my hometown. I knew where (let’s call him Earl) lived cause I didn’t know him but I called an old friend that ran in his circle and did know him. We’ll just say my past in that hometown was a bit storied – if not for a few months I would have spent years in state.
Anyway
 at about 2 in the afternoon on a Saturday I knocked on his apartment door. He answered. I don’t recall how we ended up talking in his front room, a gold couch, stained in one spot from overuse, a hall to the bathroom on the left and what I guess to the bedrooms, one window. I don’t remember much, I do remember when he recognized me, I remember my hand on his shoulder, my thumb just a bit away from his adam’s apple. I remember what I said, " Lisa is gone, leave her be."
Cheezy right? he just said, “Yeah, yeah.”
I wanted to kill him. I was ready. Not unsurprising based on my past in that town. I hate that place.
“Yeah, yeah.”
Fuck you Earl.
I left. Drove home. Stopped by the office for some reason cause someone else would know? What the fuck? No one knows, until now. Nothing came of it. Lisa moved on, so did he.

Have you ever wanted to kill someone? Have you ever felt justified? “Yeah, yeah” I know how it feels.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Moon Hooch - My Head & My Heart

1 Like
1 Like

Wierd that this video shows as unavailable. I click. I drop.
DJ Magic Mike - Drop The Bass - YouTube