Music All you fun king funking lovers love

my favourite Mobley - Nobody’s Favorite (Live from The Big Room) - YouTube

“I’ve never done it without a band”

Damn. I am envious of this talent.

1 Like

So you tube gave me this cause of that last entry. (Do you know why?)
A couple of things. Did you know the female singer in this was on Night Court. look it up.
You had to know this song by heart when I was young cause every girl loved it. To see paradise you needed to know it.

I’m starting to feel it.

So I’m looking for some input, what type of music do you listen to? Any favorite bands?
my feeds are starting to get repetative and I think i need to give them a boost.

Meatloaf and rocky horror both on my playlist. I’m partial to the science fiction double feature song, something about the melody. But they’re all good so many quotes. Let’s go up to the lab and see what’s on the slab. In just 7 days I can make you a man. Shiver with antici…pation.

My spouse doesn’t get rocky horror. I get the ‘your’re being weird again’ look from them.

I’ve been listening to mostly bluegrass/alt country/Americana for the past few years, but not a heavy listener/music consumer.

I just saw Old Crow Medicine Show live last night. Didn’t expect such a dynamic/fun show. Won the tickets, but in retrospect would have paid to see them.

Caught a random Mountain Stage broadcast one night this winter and heard Ray Wylie Hubbard. “Tell the Devil I’m getting there as fast as I can”. Interesting enough for me to look up his other stuff.

I had always heard “hardly renowned” as “all around”. TIL.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s not the quality of the song but the message that it makes.

1 Like

Good evening. I have bread rising and I’ll be making leek and potato soup when it goes in the oven. So, I’ll have to take a break for a bit but hopefully I’ll make it back. Before I go. How ya doin? Jeff Beck left us. Tonight’s playlist is Jeff Beck, followed by Jeff Beck and an encore of Jeff Beck.

To start, something from the middle. A seemingly throw away pop song from 1985. The video is all 1985, so after you play name that face listen to those strings bend.

1 Like

A clip from the movie Blow Up (This movie is brilliant by the way). Jeff Beck with the Yardbirds, Jeff’s guitar unable to keep up with the man.

Rod Steward, who came to America with the Jeff Beck Group, said that Jeff was one of a few guitarists that listened and adapted as he sang.

This is one of the best clips to illustrate his skill. He bends notes that as master guitarists say, “no one else can play.” he surrounds himself with great talent which he works with on the fly. He pulls emotion out of the ether with sound. He is so damned good here.

I’m linking a couple of versions of this… just cause. The “…What Mama Said” clip is from Jeff Beck’s favorite movie, “It’s a Mad Mad Mad World.”

Innovative from the beginning.