MOO BAAA LAA LAA LAAAAAA

Wasn’t there a kids’ book with that title?

Anyway, thread for either making fun of the doggo and kitty threads or talking about other animals.

GO!

3 Likes

My son’s guinea pig died recently. He’d bought it in late 2020, with some money that didn’t get spent on a band trip that got cancelled due to COVID. He (17) didn’t tell me about it at the time, just buried the thing in the front yard. I drove home and he was there with the shovel, I asked, “What’s up?” He said, “We’re good,” I figured it was the little rascal but didn’t push it on him.

My other son (13) has never had a pet. I’ve really dragged my feet on that one. [I have too many other responsibilities to take care of another!] Everyone else has had a guinea pig or hamster or even a rabbit at one point. We had a fish tank, too, that I mostly took care of, until we moved and so cleaned it out.

Do I give in to his requests for a dog? Or push him for something simpler that will die sooner? Also, his room is a mess, can I use the pet as leverage to make him keep it clean?

1 Like

We had that book, along with several others from Sandra Boynton

3 Likes

My kid’s classroom had a pet in the early 2000’s. Its name was “Mia Hammster.”

3 Likes

the boynton books were the greatest.

gonna go home and maybe get ready for a barnyard dance!

4 Likes

Click Clack MOO!

2 Likes

Watch out for the duck.

1 Like

The only book I remember having was Are You My Mother

2 Likes

any pets other than dogs (and maybe cats) are lame

Definitely not the hippopotamus.

3 Likes

oh sweet jebus, we LOVED that one! Or, at least, I did. I think the kids were somewhat nonplussed.

My favorite kids’ book of all time is Hooway For Wodney Wat. You must read it aloud to fully appreciate its excellence.

1 Like

YOU’RE NOT MY MOTHER YOU’RE A SNORT!

3 Likes

Tu no eres mi mama! Tu eres un feo pronk!

(edited to correct the last word. working from memory here.)

1 Like

Duck was a neutral party. (or was presented as such initially!)

1 Like

they can be sneaky

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

the ducks were not my choice

just let it be known

2 Likes

you should not have mentioned the ducks

1 Like

cuties!

are they just pets? That’s a lot of ducks