That is a pretty sturdy limb you are on.
I’m sure they built a lot of character…
No, but it’s a nice thing to do.
If that’s your thing, then you should go ahead and make others feel nice.
Not everyone has the inclination to do that though, especially at the expense of the self.
If you do it right it can be very mutually beneficial rather than an expense.
Not really sure what we’re talking about anymore
Risking your life on the chance that you might end up “stronger”.
And I’d love to take some hallucinogens, but I don’t have any friends that swing that way, and don’t want to do it alone.
You might have friends that swing that way. It’s incredibly easy to grow your own shrooms, much easier than marijuana. And the people who grow them are often just growing for their own use, not selling or advertising it. So you might be surprised.
I have like 2 friends in total, soooooo.
But you’re my friends too!!!
they’re also super common in the wild. google how to find them, then go for a hike
Yeeeeeeeah don’t do this. As they say, all mushrooms are edible, some only once.
I know a few actuaries who grow their own drugs. Probably too cool for this place, but you never know.
I know a few actuaries who grow their own drugs.
As an aside, the Canadian Institute of Actuaries a few years ago decided to require that all its members disclose any past criminal offences to the CIA and the appropriate CIA body would then determine if their accreditation should be revoked depending upon the charge. I was on the CIA Board at the time and we wanted to provide some administrative guidance to this review body. We easily decided that minor pot possession charges did not reflect negatively on the individual’s professional abilities so no one was to lose their accreditation for that reason. Pot possession turned out to be the main criminal offence disclosed.
I would add that the Canadian Federal Government did not expunge the criminal records of people with pot charges when the recreational use of marijuana was approved. People still have to undergo a (ridiculous) pardon process to clear their record. The US will be ahead of Canada if it universally grants pardons without folks applying for them.
I was on the CIA Board at the time and we wanted to provide some administrative guidance to this review body. We easily decided that minor pot possession charges did not reflect negatively on the individual’s professional abilities so no one was to lose their accreditation for that reason. Pot possession turned out to be the main criminal offence disclosed.
Well it seems like a pretty obvious result. Why not reduce your administrative burden and require members to disclose all criminal violations with the exception of possession of fewer than X ounces of marijuana? Would’ve saved a ton of paperwork.
I thought weed was legal in Canada
Weed was still illegal recreationally when we made the decision to not penalize CIA members if they had a past conviction for possession of small amounts of pot. I did not make that clear in my earlier post.
The CIA would presumably no longer require reporting on past marijuana convictions for possession of small amounts after weed was subsequently legalized across Canada in 2018.
Do people think Biden or anyone is actually going to “legalize” it? If anything, I see it going the other way. There were inklings of this early on after Colorado legalized, but a new study earlier this year confirmed the significant drop in prescription drug use in states that legalized. Pharmaceuticals are the largest or 2nd largest industry in America and probably the largest political lobby, right?
Do you think they’re just going to let you have legal pot after knowing this? What may change is that it’s not necessary to throw people in jail over it (private prisons not a large enough lobby for that), but I highly doubt the expansion of legal access will continue…
2022 study:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/hec.4519
Older 2016 study just on medical marijuana:
This being the case why wouldn’t the pharmaceuticals just get into the marijuana business? If you can’t beat them, join them.
Different business model, already proven to be a highly competitive industry, pretty low margin from what I’ve read, no patents, still not allowed to use banking in most places, etc. Would Pfizer prefer to sell more anti-anxiety medication on patent using normal channels, or would they prefer to sell supplemental weed off patent in a highly competitive environment using cash only transactions? The answer, at least to me, seems painfully obvious.
Even failing all that, the cost to lobby to keep it illegal is likely cheaper than transitioning to selling a new product in a new industry.
Do people think Biden or anyone is actually going to “legalize” it?
At least he has more balls than the last administration.
The first party to propose full legalization will have so much bipartisan popular support I have no idea why they’re so afraid to do it.