Long hours

okay, so leeway for a health crisis doesn’t really reduce the workload at all. it still needs to be done annually no matter how you look at it and still requires the same amount of hours even if you push it off.

The point is that it doesn’t require the same number of hours. Something that requires 80 hours over 1 week might require 60 hours over 3 weeks if it means your people aren’t burned out.

for some people, it just means an extra hour on the GoA, but they feel like they’ve rightfully earned an extra hour of salary

1 Like

Someone’s gotta do it!

i’ve learned more stuff on AO and GoA than any SOA website

If you do away with deadlines entirely nothing will get done

Speak for yourself. I get things done all the time without any firm deadlines.

1 Like

50-minute hours count as 1 hour for continuing ed. So 60-minute hours are long hours. :judge:

no, stuff gets done. Just they don’t have to remind me every 6 months

1 Like

Same, I get plenty of things done and I have no deadlines

1 Like

um, you work 5 hours a week. no you don’t.

1 Like

Please don’t speak for others. Thanks!

My performance reviews are great.

I didn’t mean myself. I meant in general. If you don’t have hard deadlines, humans won’t be as productive. we don’t get paid to do this because it’s fun.

1 Like

cool, but if you’re working 5 hours a week you’re not getting a lot done. maybe you don’t have a lot to do to begin with, but you’re not getting a lot done.

you’re confusing work hours with productivity again. Rookie mistake!

i’m not. at all. for the job i do, it literally could not be done by a human in 5 hours. you don’t have a lot of work if you’re only working 5 hours a week.

Sure. That means your job is more labor intensive and less about thought processing.

A construction worker can’t get a building finished without actually working the hours.

But a genius can code something in 1 day that may take a normal person 2 weeks to code.

Some jobs are about results, other jobs are about labor.

sure sure that’s why you only work 5 hours a week, you’re a genius. :roll_eyes:

on your next interview for a job, tell them you only work 5 hours a week. i’m sure the potential hiring manager will be super impressed.

2 Likes

only if you tell them you have the highest post count on the AO!

We’ll all be happy to vouch for you~

Not VA admitting he works 12.5 hours a week!