Last movie you've watched

We watched the LOTR trilogy over the last weekend.

1 Like

Extended versions? I did that a few months ago. Took me a whole week, as I was watching them after wife goes to bed (she get up earlier than I).

I’ve rewatched the first four MI movies. The rest are rentals, and I do not pay for streaming to pay additional money. So, I’ll wait.

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire at the theater. Not a very good movie, not a lot of plot, angsty teenage girls, etc. There were a lot of throwbacks to the original movies with big roles for the old guys/girls including Mayor Peck.

Did you like the prior one? I thought it was pretty good, may see this if goes to streaming

I thought the one before this was better. This one felt like they wanted to keep the franchise going, but didn’t really have a plan. Not terrible, but streaming is the way to go.

Dumb Money

The gamestop movie. They did a decent job of the broadstrokes. Didnt detail what a short squeeze was. But it was entertaining.

1 Like

In the Land of Saints and Sinners at the theater. Liam Neeson as a hit man type in Ireland during the troubles. He lives in a small town near Donegall. Trouble finds him and he has to deal with it. Could have used subtitles a couple times when the Irish brogue really got going. Slow paced, but that worked. Sort of a microcosm of Ireland in the 1970s. He is getting a little too old for these types of roles, but it did work for me.

Dune Part 2, it was good.

1 Like

i see Liam Neesen and Denzel Washington in a similar light. Both are excellent actors, both have done fantastic acclaimed dramatic roles.

but both keep going back to the action roles, and both are aging out of them

1 Like

“Poor Things”
I can see why the Midwest, and some New Yorkers, are clutching their pearls.
And it is not because of the unusually weird direction the movie went into at the end.

Waking Ned Devine - plot summary with possible spoilers below

When best friends Jackie O’Shea (Ian Bannen) and Michael O’Sullivan (David Kelly) discover someone in their small Irish village has won the lottery, they immediately set off to see if the winner is in a sharing mood. Deducing that Ned Devine is the lucky man, O’Shea and O’Sullivan pay him a visit, only to find him dead from shock. Since Devine is the only one who can claim the prize, the townsfolk band together to convince the claim inspector that O’Sullivan is really Devine, and split the cash.

one of my dad’s all time favorites! ireland AND the lottery AND hi-jinks?

1 Like

Did a family move night last night, watched Terminator 2. Had not seen it before and haven’t seen the first. Probably won’t be watching again.

Oh, you’ll be back. To see it.

4 Likes

Dark Waters

US Chemical companies are really evil.

Been rewatching Nolan’s “Dark Knight” Trilogy, again so I don’t have to ever again. Will get to rewatching Oppenheimer (saw at theater) at some point.

I’m trying to think of what could be 1 through 6. I would put Brian’s Song at #1, with maybe # 2 behind " Old Yeller
"

Here’s the list

No “Dirty Dozen,” when Jim Brown was throwing these hand grenades down these airshafts. And Richard Jaeckel and Lee Marvin…?

For me: Some chick flicks, “Saving Private Ryan,” “Brian’s Song,” “Something For Joey.”
I don’t think I’ve cried once for Shawshank.
Maybe “Cast Away.”

Oh! I saw that when it came out and don’t remember the movie anymore, but definitely remember one of the deaths (Brown?) resulting in a mass audience gasp, where everyone had just assumed in Hollywood style that he was going to make it.