Last movie you've watched

Open Armistice

:man_shrugging:

They sort of reconcile but I see storm clouds on the horizonā€¦.Eyes Half Open?

legs wide shut

The Cruise/Kidman (M/F) private thought stereotypes and dynamic is one part of the movie. IMO, the complete mindf*** of Tom Cruiseā€™s character is the key part. I liked the lengths that The Society went to shut Cruise up.

The final line of the movie is the reconciliation.

1 Like

Watched Evil Dead with my teen last night. Sheā€™s been on a scary movie kick the last few months. She loved it. Looking forward to watching Army of Darkness with her. Havenā€™t seen that one in a long time.

Listen you primitive fucksā€¦

1 Like

Last night watched Insidious. It was creepy enough, but not all that scary imo. Lack of gore made it a bit refreshing actually. Teen liked it but wanted it scarier. She may be a psychopath.

Confess, Fletch at the theater. This is now the third Fletch movie. The first two starred Chevy Chase. This time John Hamm steps into the lead role. I only heard about this film a few days ago and hadnā€™t had a chance to think about it much, but I wasnā€™t very optimistic given how flat Hamm can be some times. That being said, Iā€™d recommend the film unless you were such a fan of the first one, you canā€™t imagine anybody other than Chevy in the lead. Hamm doesnā€™t have the same patter as Chevy, but he had better facial expressions. The story was convoluted just enough to be really run. And Roy Wood Jr. as the Boston cop investigating the murder was great. He played it so straight.

Jon Hamm is not funny. Fletch should be funny, so it needs an actor that can be funny.

Could Don Draper say this line: ā€œCan I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.ā€

No. Just No.

Agreed, but it didnā€™t have those kinds of lines in it. As I understand it, it follows the level of humor in the books rather than the prior movies.

Lol. Thatā€™s why I didnā€™t like the first one!

I think in his earlier years, Chevy was decently funny.

Thereā€™s a stupid movie that I really like with Chevy Chase, Goldie Hawn, and Charles Grodin called Seems Like Old Times that I saw when I was about 11 years old, and I thought it was hysterical. Maybe it was only because I was 11 at the time, but it was an early PG rated movie that I saw that was intended for adults. We need a better phrase for this because there are bad connotations for ā€œadult movieā€ that I donā€™t mean. I just mean a movie that isnā€™t aimed squarely at kids.

He did another one with Goldie Hawn - Foul Play - which I really liked when I first saw it.

1 Like

Kimi - typical psychological thriller. Interesting that it acknowledges the existence of Covid. Itā€™s like Covid doesnā€™t exist in the movie/tv world

See How They Run at the theater. It stars Sam Rockwell (with a very weird English accent) and Saoirse Ronan as two cops, inspector and constable, investigating a murder in 1953 right after the 100th performance of Mousetrap in the West End. According to the story, the play was loosely based on a real story and the movie, as the investigation plays out, sort of follows the play. Very entertaining. It has the look and feel of a Wes Anderson movie, but not quite as off beat. Ronan is great as the constable who writes everything down and comes up with some great one-liners seemingly accidentally. Adrien Brody is good as an American movie producer.

Did he have a shitty Marlon Brando accent? Season 4 of Peaky Blinders, oy, someone must have given him an offer he couldnā€™t refuse.

Forbidden Planet (1956)
ā€œWhatā€™s that?ā€ ā€œItā€™s a large orb in the sky, but thatā€™s not important right now.ā€
Pretty good, for 1956. Inspiration for Space Mountain queue music, maybe. Thatā€™s what the score reminded me of.

Nope.

Moonfall 2022 - OMG what a hot mess.

1 Like

I just watched this. Its like, not good.

1 Like

I almost watched that a while back, then my teen watched it with her friends and they loved it. From their description I could tell it wasnā€™t for me.