Is Tipping a city in China?

The quilting sub is a dumpster fire. OF LOVE AND KINDNESS AND IT’S INCREDIBLE.

YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW.

1 Like

I don’t think anywhere near that hard about it :). It’s just local folks that I know, basically neighbours.

The pizza joint, Thier kids are the same age as mine, so we stay in touch about schoolimg.amd stuff. And when I used to run the pizza program at the local school we always used them…again because local.

That’s small town for you. Being part of the same community matters sometimes for good, sometimes for bad.

I’ve got more karma on Reddit than my kids. They’re horrified.

1 Like

I think we have the same sentiments about community, but my radius is larger than yours. I’m in a pretty urban area, and consider locals to be any of the hundreds of thousands of people who live within a few miles of me.

Well, we also have the added complexity that everyone here is related, and has lived here for three generations. Would’nt be the first time I’ve heard a 50yo say something like ‘oh, I went to school with them’ with a knowing look. Geepers.
My last name is actually one of the very common last names in the town, but spelled a bit differently because I’m not from here. Whenever my last name comes up, they always say ‘is it this one or that one’. And my go-to response is ‘neither, it’s spelled like this. I’m not related to any of you’. Queue awkward laugh.

1 Like

Owner: "You tipping my daughters?? You think I cannot afford to pay them a fair wage?? Or, “do you have other intentions???”

Maybe when I retire. Until then, I am planning to do the easy thing: stop going to any pre-pay business that ask me for a tip in advance of service that may or may not deserve it, and where I infer they are asking for a tip, or else.

1 Like

Agreed, more or less. I have a few exceptions to the rule.

Without any research:

1. I think it will be a lot easier to list those pre-pay restaurants that ask for a tip than otherwise.
  2. It will be a lot more difficult to actually find those pre-pay restaurants, though.

Wish me luck!
A simpler way for me to go to places I want to go without their asking me for a tip in advance of services is to pay in cash, and tip whenever I feel like it, like after the service is performed. That requires me to have cash on me, though, and my thin wallet (I think you recommended) carries about five bills nicely before it starts George-ing on me.

1 Like

6 Likes