Is this a normal comment

We started reporting to him all at the same time.

also means he probably likes you (not sexually or anything)

Are they more outgoing and you are more quiet? He may doing it as his way to try and get you out of your shell a bit.

2 Likes

ok, that’s all i got

But again, all we got are guesses. Just talk to the guy lol

1 Like

one last thing, just smile (like you’re humored) when he says something lightly insulting. do that enough times and it will prob stop

The bolded is kind of funny. I might joke about a response like that too.

1 Like

Is it possible your manager is in this thread?

2 Likes

Most of the advice I’m reading here is to get the new manager fired or moved somewhere else.

So, self-fulfilling?

My take: he’s into you. He teases, pulls your hair, punches you in the arm. All signs of an intense love.
Question: he is seven years old, right?

Now I want to start a thread titled “is this a normal response?” talking about how a direct report of mine doesn’t get my jokes and takes everything really seriously.

4 Likes

I was more advocating to move oneself as opposed to getting the manager moved.

I saw that one. Hence the “most” comment.

But really, do you want this poster to move on to somewhere else and cause turnover at the manager level??

(I kid because I love.)

1 Like

[Footage Not Found]

2 Likes

Quick, delete this post and do it!

I don’t mean this to be overly blunt but you sound like you’re eager to conclude your manager is out to get you. Seriously, just talk to him.

I apologize to you, NA, for my insensitive, jerky remarks in that other thread.

I really need an alt named something like Observant Manager for things like that.

Yes, I’m giving away an incredible, potentially hilarious idea here. Even doing it for free.

These are all factual statements, not conclusions.

Clearly they’re your impressions of experiences you’ve had, rather than black and white facts.

Yes, he is picking on you.
What is your response to this?
Do you laugh along?
Do you get noticeably pissed?
Do you react in any way?

Because that is what he wants: a reaction. He can’t help it, that’s just who he is, but it’s not an excuse. Bad childhood, I suspect, but I’m not that kind of doctor (or any kind). Perhaps a middle child. You should ask him if he is.

You have several options here:

1. Make a “federal case out of it” by whining to HR.
  2. No reaction at all. Just a lot of uncomfortable silence. Your relationship is not special enough to enjoy comfortable silences.
  3. Talk to him privately (in Leadership 101, a good leader praises publicly, and criticizes privately) about it. You don’t appreciate it, it gives others a poor impression of you, etc.
1 Like