SAS sucks

This should be one of those memes with the muscular guy vs the loser guy

me vs me

At one point, I was a certified SAS programmer, I wasn’t great but I could get by. Then I started managing people and coding less and less, and then we dropped our SAS license.

My current employer uses a Snowflake environment and people use a lot of different tools.

Did you have to pass a test/take a course for that honor? Who was it certified by? I’m just curious. Don’t feel obligated to answer.

I’ve never heard of that, but let me guess…

Every person is unique like a snowflake and can use whatever they want.
Are there limitations to “whatever”

Previous employer kept threatening to do this. They thought it was too expensive. instead they cut expenses a different way.

Cut the SAS programmers?

1 Like

SAS certification is offered through SAS. SAS Global Certification | SAS

So far, not really, but I think they are trying to reign it in a bit. It seems that Python, SQL, and Tableau are probably the Big Three. But some folks still use R, and Stata, and probably some others. We do have a license for a very specialized CMS data set and that is written in SAS still, but they have opened that up now to other tools. But it would require a huge re-write so that won’t happen soon.

2 Likes

I was a SAS certified programmer too.

All I ever use is proq sql because I can’t be bothered to remember any of it.

What I don’t remember making a thread about this, what happen?

1 Like

We’re trapped in a time loop

Yeah and SAS sucks because the loop is hidden. Which is why I didn’t know about it!

Rocky Horror Lets Do The Time Warp GIF - Rocky Horror Lets Do The Time Warp Dancing - Discover & Share GIFs

Power BI FTW IMO. Based on my experience at Humana you actuary types are just learning of its powers and it’s mysterious ways.

I took the certification too. It was offered by the SAS institute and proctored at a 3rd party site. It might have been prometric but it was a small non-dedicated testing center and at the time I was the only one taking an exam. Contrast that with actuarial exams at prometric where there were always at least 10 others taking exams when I sat.

1 Like

Mike (upset that he has to hire someone for a job he thought he could/should do and trying to find the worst possible candidate): Let’s see where did she go to college… University of Massachusetts?!?! Alright… solid party school! She’s the one.

(After she’s hired)

Caitlin: Mr. Mayor, it will be nice to work with a fellow Ivy Leaguer.

Mayor: Yes!

Mike (still holding Caitlin’s resume): Um, Caitlin, UMass isn’t an Ivy League school.

Caitlin (frowning): Let me see that… oh, that’s a typo. It’s supposed to say university in Massachusetts… you know, Harvard.

Mike: BUT!!!

Caitlin: Mike, I did my research. I knew you would never hire someone you saw as a threat.

(That’s from memory… couldn’t find the actual text. So I probably got something wrong, but that’s the gist.)

1 Like

Never coded with SAS in my life. Work at SAS. Think about it.

2 Likes

:thinking:

See my tagline.

Can someone please merge this thread back to where it came from?

I hate this thread

You said that before and will say it again.

Time loooooop

proc merge plz