Interesting personalized license plates we've seen

Or Damar Hamlin?

I just saw one which reminded me of GoActuary. I took a pic but it was after we started driving so it didn’t turn out very well. And I think I could put it in another thread too.

FL MAN

1 Like

Maybe around the University of Pittsburgh… Hamlin was still playing NCAA football when that post was made. But he did wear #3, so it’s possible.

Nice mural of Hamlin in Buffalo,

1 Like

WIMP2PC

“[You are a ] Wimp to politically correct”?

Wimp … 2 point conversion???

As in, coach is a wimp for choosing the tying PAT rather than the game-winning 2PC maybe?

1 Like

Guessing WIMP2PC is nerdspeak for moving to PC gaming because that’s a thing. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Found online

6 Likes

They got the stickers in the “correct” place, but I wonder how often they get pulled over? I’ll have to look for that one here.

YINZER
Google says it is a Pittsburg thing of how they talk

OL4STR on a forestry tag.

IIXIIX, got no idea what that is.

One of those odd Nazi things? Could it be a weird way to show 88?

For IIXIIX?

XII would be 12, so not sure how that relates to 88. (I can’t even remember why 88 is a Nazi thing.)

Hitler’s birthday was 4-20, so if it was IIIIXX I could see that being some weird Nazi thing about Hitler since IIII is 4 and XX is 20. But I have no clue why they would write that IIXIIX if that’s what they’re going for.

That said, I rarely understand why Nazis do what they do. :woman_shrugging:

You might wish to reconsider this statement if you don’t also consider IIX one “way” to write 8.

Oh is IIX supposed to mean that you subtract 2 from 10???

That’s dumb, but we are talking about Nazis, so it fits.

IIII or IV are both considered correct for 4. It is customary to make 4s on clocks and watches as IIII rather than IV… I forget why. (9 is IX, however.)

But for IIXIIX, you must be right… it must be a way to make 88. Remind me why that’s a Nazi thing?

I actually googled that recently. The short answer is nobody really knows why. The theory I liked best was that IIII looked more symmetric with VIII that sat opposite it.

Oh, and Big Ben uses IV, it’s an exception. Anywho.

1 Like

The eighth letter of the Roman alphabet is “H”

88 = HH

Heil…well, you know the rest.

IIXIIX would be a very obscure way of getting there…but odds are, less obscure ways would be denied by the DMV.

1 Like

Technically Big Ben is the bell, not the clock. The clock is the Great Clock of Westminster, but I knew what you meant. Interesting that it is IV. I’ve been there but don’t remember noticing.

1 Like

Ah, ok. I have heard that before but I forgot the whole explanation. Also dumb but unsurprising.

I looked it up before composing that post. I get the whole “88” vs “14 words” bits confused.

Neo-Nazi lore is not really an area of trivia I actively pursue…but I remember stuff that I’ve encountered web-surfing.

1 Like