Insomnia

I have a weighted blanket. My wife has some anxiety trouble so she enjoys it for that. I put up with it for a while but got sick of it because sometimes I’d wake up feeling like someone had been sitting on me.

People annoying me causing insomnia. I need to make new friends

1 Like

I bought a merino wool blanket to put over my shoulders when i felt chilly. It turned out to be surprisingly heavy, and i found that annoyed me. (I was working, not sleeping, fwiw.) So i replaced it with an Icelandic wool blanket that weighs almost nothing, which i really like.

But i gave the heavy one to my daughter, who loves it, and drapes it over herself all the time, even when it’s not very chilly.

So not everyone finds heavy blankets comforting. But they aren’t very expensive and seem worth a try.

1 Like

Since I decided to nap during the day and work during the night, my brain decided it wasn’t done thinking overnight, the entire night. It’s 6 AM and I’m throwing in the towel and just going back to work. I’m hoping all those great ideas I was thinking of all night are still in there and accessible to me now. A lesson learned about manic brain - perhaps no thinking after 9 PM should be allowed.

2 Likes

@Tiffany We got a fairly cheap weighted blanket, might’ve been like $40, and I like it. Got it for my partner though so they get first dibs. It’s like a very light and not-too-warm partner snuggling you and somehow it feels calming.

I didn’t get to sleep until 3 a.m. this morning and I rolled outta bed noonish today!

that’s a normal saturday for me and not due to insomnia.

Ruh roh.

1 Like

Can’t sleep, worried about Andy

^that’s not the real reason

Eyes popped open and hadta pee!!! Daddy gonna catch hizzelf some more zzz’s. :grimacing:

I went to bed early and had been happily sleeping, just to be awakened every hour and a half with an emergency alert on my phone to tell me it is raining DONT GO OUTSIDE!!! Wtf phone??? I think I finally figured out how to stop getting these damn alerts but we will find out in another hour or so I guess. It is like, ya, I had no plans to go outside, but apparently the alert people dont want me to have plans to sleep either.

Have you seen a doctor about this?

Why do you even have those alerts turned on?

Default on my phone is on

I’m a big boy now: I can go wee wee by myself!!

1 Like

Alerts are always turned off on my phone.

I don’t really care about Amber/Silver alerts. No way I’ll think to look at license plates while I’m driving around.

Only other thing I can think of that would be in the alert is weather. But I pay enough attention to know when severe weather is coming. I never go where there are tornadoes or anything like that, so I don’t need 5 mins warning a twister might be coming my way.

Every now and again, the alerts get turned back on via an update or something. Scares the ever living shit outta me when it goes off the first time.

1 Like

Sunday night insomnia especially sucks.

3 Likes

I did appreciate the sleep strategy employed but I think it was probably more of her being annoyed by my tossing and turning.

I seem to often wake up at 5 am, and just recently learned waking up too early is a type of insomnia, so I guess I’m in the club?

Cutting out naps has helped.