Insomnia

I thought of this:
IMG_6916

5 Likes

Remind me in the morning that it’s not insomnia if it’s due to poor choices.

3 Likes

Erg.

2 Likes

Same

2 Likes

I had a stretch for about a week when I was sleeping great but last night was rough.

4 Likes

Ugh. I have been mostly off caffeine since Yom Kippur. But i had a pot of tea today. Some at breakfast, but i felt over caffeinated and didn’t finish, then drank the rest later in the afternoon.

And now I’m still up.

Oh well, i finished all the prep for my new years Eve party, and i enjoyed my friends. At least i got something for the hangover I’m going to have tomorrow. (It won’t be “today” until i get to sleep and then wake up.)

3 Likes

6 am is gonna feel REALLY early tomorrow.

5 Likes

:iatp:

3 Likes

Fell asleep for about 20 minutes, and then woke up from a sleep hallucination at midnight. Took a muscle relaxer, which should help me feel tired again soon. Glad to be WFH tomorrow.

5 Likes

Spoilered for language

1 Like

Up at 2 am. It’s gonna be a long day…

Blame the Costco chicken.

I blame stressing out over too many things. I had some of the Costco chicken in a curry on Tuesday, but otherwise not much.

I realize I drink more coffee when working in the office than WFH.

2 Likes

Counting regrets doesn’t yield the same results as counting sheep.

3 Likes

So tired last night, I started getting ready for bed at 7:30, thinking it was at least an hour later. When I realized, I decided on an evening shower and then did my PT exercises before turning in at 9 while listening to a podcast. Woke up around 1 and finally fell back asleep around 5ish. My sleep has been super messed up again. Stress and anxiety. I need to get back to my regular meditation.

3 Likes

I go sleep in the guest bedroom if I’m having trouble falling asleep. Works great.

I’m exhausted but struggling to sleep. Going to try again.

2 Likes

It’s probably been suggested, but if you have spotify (or probably any music service), you can run your favorite color of noise through a wifi or Bluetooth speaker. I usually play something from “the relaxing white noise podcast” which has 8 hour long streams of things like thunderstorms or ocean waves to box fans and commercial airline sounds.

I’ve got a speaker behind my nightstand so the sound is indirect and more ambient. I’d also suggest something better than your phone speaker or a $25 cheap Bluetooth to get better lower end frequency response for some of the sound.