Insomnia

Coughing kept me awake until 1:00ish and I had a headache. I needed to sleep upright in an armchair. Wah. :sneezing_face: :face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_thermometer: :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Didn’t get to sleep until 3:30ish, took out the garbage 7:00ish. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Feeling better, but still sick. Wah. :mask: :face_with_thermometer: :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

Tired but my spinning brain won’t let me sleep.

1 Like

Have you tried counting chickens? :dog:

2 Likes

Well I made a very stupid mistake yesterday, and the consequence was that I was wide awake until at least 6:30 this morning, when my husbands alarm went off.

3 Likes

One thing I have been doing to get to sleep some nights is counting down from 300 by 3’s. It’s not hard but just engaging enough that it helps to drown out some of the thoughts that keep me awake. I do lose track and just try to go back to it when I realize what I’m doing.

The original suggestion was to count down from 100 but that was too fast/easy for me, and I imagine most actuaries might be similar in that regard.

3 Likes

I bott kukt chikkinz yessturdai. U wudda got so much chikkinz n cheezus if u wurr heer!!! :poultry_leg: :cheese: :baseball:

Hooz a gud gurl??? R U a gud gurl??? Ov coarse U R!!! :dog2:

Poor choices were made.

3 Likes

I overslept this morning and my braynz won’t stop. Wah. :unamused: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Wide awake after two hours of restful sleep :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

This is probably the best thread for this…
It’s kind of a nothing burger of an article, though.
https://www.wsj.com/health/wellness/sleep-science-longevity-0f35a573

snooze button inside

If reading helps you fall asleep this will help you snooze:
https://archive.ph/7ZOuX

A recent study looking at sleep and longevity found that sleep “regularity”—going to bed and waking up at consistent times with few mid-slumber interruptions—matters more than how long you sleep. Sleeping six hours every night on a consistent schedule was associated with a lower risk of early death than sleeping eight hours with very irregular habits.

1 Like

I won’t hear it, and I won’t respond to it.

4 Likes

“It” = the alarm clock? The advice from the article? The sizzle of a perfectly cooked nothing burger? The sizzle from the bacon on your George Foreman grill? Or something completely different?

2 Likes

Feels a bit like correlation v causation. Is the lack of continuous sleep the problem, or the symptom of the real problem…

4 Likes

stoopid mind won’t shut off. :confounded:

2 Likes

i had illness fueled no sleep last night. just awful, mind swirling the whole time

6 Likes

That’s the worst. You need sleep to get better but the illness prevents the sleep. Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

I found the solution for all you guys…

link: Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson for December 18, 2023 - GoComics

1 Like

Restless night. I started to put on my shoes before my pants this morning.

2 Likes

You may need one of these signs:

3 Likes