Insomnia

Got a good two hours of sleep in before waking up. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Ugh! Did you ever get any more sleep?

I am trying to quit caffeine and I think it is helping me get back to sleep. I don’t know how many hours I’m sleeping bc my sleep tracker shows as “light sleep” times when I am awake but lying quietly trying to sleep.

Started the no caffeine thing Sat. I’ve been pretty low energy, or lower than usual. Yesterday I found some chocolate in the cabinet and ate a little bit and took some aleve and it seemed to help a lot. I was able to make some salads and clean the kitchen. Today is my first work day with no caffeine.

2 Likes

I think it’s stress. I’m sure the caffeine isn’t helping, but that’s a vicious cycle because I need it to get through the day after not sleeping.

That said, for a while I was taking ibuprofen PM almost every night. I switched to melatonin for a while and it was working great and then it suddenly stopped working. I’ve had this experience with melatonin before… works great and then it just stops working. So I think that was also part of it.

1 Like

Woke up at 2 am but magically went back to sleep until 3 am. Then nothing. Very little caffeine since Friday. (I had a little chocolate Sunday and yesterday to take the edge off.)

ETA Saw dr and switching one of my meds for 4 weeks to see if it helps.

1 Like

How much trazadone do most people take for sleep? My dr gave me the lowest dose, 25 mg, and I actually took less than that last night. No effect at all. (Less bc I had to cut the pills in half and I broke one of them. I’d guess at least 20 mg though.)

I did have about 40mg of caffeine yesterday. Before lunch. That amount shouldn’t have affected my sleep.

I’ll try 25 for the next 2 nights and if it does nothing I might take the whole 50. I was really worried it would have the opposite effect.

OTOH, I was taking Prozac for anxiety and it could be related to my worsening insomnia. I wonder if I have to be off it a while to eliminate those effects.

2 Likes

According to my app I did get 8 hours last night. I did sleep until 4 instead of 3 or 3:30. But whatever sleep I got after that was little snitches here and there. But then it had my last wake up as 6:30 and I was definitely woken up by my 6:55 alarm, so I didn’t edit that portion.

Thinking of starting up zyrtec if the traz doesn’t help. A little worried it will cause daytime sleepiness though. And I need to check to see if I can take both.

1 Like

Which app do use?

Oh, I started to say you got good sleep, but you’re saying the app is inaccurate… :grimacing:

I’m using SleepWatch along with my apple watch. The app takes data from the watch. You can also let the app detect your sleep by telling it “I’m going to sleep now,” and leaving it open all night. I might try that and see if I get more accurate #’s.

About 7 hours last night. My doctor says that is enough. We’ll see.

2 Likes

Slept from about 11:45 to about 4:00, up until about 6:15, back to sleep until 7:45…

1 Like

:yawn:

1 Like

1:30 am. Have not slept at all in spite of best efforts & drugs.

So I’m working bc when daylight comes I am likely to NGAF.

1 Like

Stopped the traz to get back on prozac bc I was dang grouchy. My dr & I had discussed melatonin, and he told me to take 5 mg EVERY night, and that the reason I hadn’t had success is because I didn’t use it regularly. So I took 5 mg and still woke up at 3 and then 4 but then fell asleep for real at 6. I was dreaming but I somehow knew I was awake but then I wasn’t. Must post in the dream thread.

Anyway I was so tired earlier sitting at my desk that I had to take a 30 minute nap and now I’m only slightly less tired. And I usually never can nap. So is it the melatonin or the fact that I am so dang sleep deprived.

1 Like

Took only 2 mg of melatonin last night. Went to bed early. Woke up around 2. Tried all the proper get back to sleep things. Finally got up and started working. Now I’m sleepy.

2 Likes

Needed an Advil at 2:00 a.m. Stoopid headache!!! :confounded:

3 Likes

Woke up at 4, couldn’t go back to sleep, it’ll be a long day…

2 Likes

No one is ever online when I am.

Hopefully that means my fellow insomniacs are not battling it tonight.

1 Like

Tossing and turning for the last > 2 hours.

1 Like

I took an Ambien last night (which I’m trying to do less often). There are tabs open on my work computer with seach results for two different Schmigadoon characters. I have zero recollection of ever reopening my laptop and looking these people up.

What in the actual fuck (Shrigadoon? Lol). I remember being on Facebook… but then I closed the computer and went to bed (or so I thought).

2 Likes

I must be fun at parties. “Hey guys let’s get blackout drunk and then look up some Schmigadoon characters!!”