Insomnia

I went to bed at 10:00 last night and woke up in the middle of the night. Good thing I checked my phone because it was goddamn only 11:30. So I took a second half of melatonin.

Allergy season doesn’t help either. Sleep quality is pretty bad with itchy and dry eyes.

1 Like

Dang, at least I am sleeping until 3:30 or so before waking up,

My husband has been waking up between 3:30 and 5:30 because of his shingles, which does seem to be on the way out at least.

I am unable to sleep before 3 AM, in contrast. I go back to work in a week and a half and need to get back on a normal schedule for good.

1 Like

I started Trazadone last week and it made me extremely tired the next day. Could barely get out of bed. After 3 days, couldn’t do it anymore. Had a similar reaction to hydroxyzine. I’ve also been taking gabapentin for a while and honestly can’t tell if it does anything.

Are you taking gabapentin for pain, or sleep? It makes me very sleepy, but not my husband.

Hydroxyzine makes me feel hella hungover. But it works with the sleep thing.

This is why I stopped the traz as well

I’m taking it for sleep, but it isn’t very effective. Will probably stop taking soon.

1 Like

It’s not that late - but I did go to bed tired and couldn’t fall asleep because my left hip hurts again. Also there were 2 kittens purring on my face. I’m hoping Ibuprofen takes care of the first, not a whole lot I can do right now 0to prevent the second.

…the 0 in the spelling of “to” was a kitten.

1 Like

Woke up at 3:30. Turned on a nature video close to 5 and then slept thru my multiple alarms until almost 7. Thankfully it’s a WFH day. I guess it’s Tylenol PM and an early night tonight.

2 Likes

Well I sure misread that.

4 Likes

It had pretty birds and soothing music

3 Likes

Would explain being very awake then sleeping deep.

1 Like

I woke up about 4 times, feeling thirsty, or just feeling uncomfortable I finally gave up trying to get back to sleep around 5. I usually sleep until 8. I feel like shit today, and I need to prepare passover, and I have stuff I need to do this evening.

2 Likes

I have a lot on my mind. My neck is also hurting, so I took a muscle relaxer and that should be kicking in soon.

1 Like

I tried listening to music with birds chirping when I woke up at 3:30. But I was still awake at 4:30 so I got up and folded laundry.

I usually fall asleep ok, but I’m coming to realize my waking up stupidly early on occasion is in fact a type of insomnia.

3 am is not morning …

3 Likes

5:30 am is close enough to morning

2 Likes

Messaged my dr at 3 am (via the app) and asked for a referral to a sleep dr to see if the issue is related to my CPAP. Ended up sleeping (in fits and spurts) from 5 to past 7. I can’t do that on days I need to be in the office. Hubby suggested taking time off to nap but honestly I don’t think I’d sleep. I’m not a good napper. I might take the afternoon off to get caught up on housework though.

1 Like

4:20, this one was kind of on me, had caffeine before last evening’s work out

Bummer!