Insomnia

i haven’t and it is a recurring dream of mine. except it is more like a nightmare, bc I always wake up abruptly as the things gets too close. i have lived half my life in places where they exist too. closest was a baseball tournament told us to leave and we went to our hotel. 30 minutes later one touched down at the park (and that would have been awful IMO).

i want to see one. at a distance. while knowing it isn’t killing people and is only harming insured property.

1 Like

Not a tornado, but there was one time I was in the office in the middle of a wind shear or a derecho. It was not a fun experience. :-1:

Wake up having to pee. In the time it takes to pee I realize how much I hate everything, which takes about an hour to process fully.

2 Likes

omg me too!

I wouldn’t call them a nightmare, because I love dreams (even if I’m not aware I’m in one), and when I get a tornado dream for some reason I usually get more excited than not. They’re scary for sure, as they’re usually super up close.

How weird that we dream about them. Especially because it’s not something I’ve even seen in real life. But I’ve probably had more than 20 of these over my lifetime. Some I still remember to this day.

1 Like

my other recurring one is seeing a plane go down. i’ve lived mostly near an airport or on a flight path. so i have one where a big jet goes down pretty close to me. that one is more upsetting than the exciting one of being near the twister

In another life I would totally have become a storm chaser. My sister agrees and we would have been the Twister Sisters. (Not Twisted…)

But my practical side could never leave my babies to chase tornados back in the day.

2 Likes

You just reminded me of the time an old office of mine had a tornado warning, we all went into a basement bunker I didn’t know existed and it had backup servers and computers down there, not enough for the whole company but at least a hundred hooked up and ready to use should the rest of the building get damaged.

2 Likes

Bah.

Whelp… I knew my decongestant was going to run out about now, and right on schedule I’m awake with a runny nose.

I’m up for no good reason.

Are you me???

@SpaceLobster : You studying???

I am lol.

1 Like

I was up at 3:30am. Was feeling myself getting more and more awake and knew it was not gonna get better.

Took a quarter of a xanax and went back to bed.

3 am for me and I’m feeling it.

Cross posted in Annoyed Thoughts… got a phone call (that should have been a text) at 5:48 AM and now of course I can’t fall back asleep and it’s almost time to get up anyway.

Grrrrr…

3 Likes

I rarely call people these days without texting to see if it’s a good time.

I honestly can’t imagine calling someone before 6 unless it was a massive emergency. I have a lot of friends i don’t call before noon.

2 Likes

Humblebrag about having friends

6 Likes

link

too many video games last night

1 Like