Insomnia

Womp. I’m so tarrrred.

2 Likes

In reading about hrt it can take a while to work. For some it’s instant and for others it takes months.

If you’re up at 3 AM but there’s no cats around to hear you, are they still hungry? :thinking:

2 Likes

They are starving, wherever they are.

2 Likes

Run the can opener…they’ll hear you*.
And, yes, they’re hungry.

*actually, I don’t think ours ever had wet cat food…just the dry stuff…but it was down in the laundry room…if they heard the unmistakable metal-clunk of banging into one of those machines they’d come rip-roaring downstairs to meet their new best friend who was going to feed them extra meow mix…they’d ask for it by name.

Here I go again, on my own.

Son was up a lot last night, and I didn’t fall asleep until 3. Had to wake up by 8:30 this morning to sign up for swimming lessons for the kids (got them spots!!). I am still off work and could have gone back to bed, but I decided to have some coffee and spend some time with my husband, since it is Valentine’s Day.

Decided to walk (very slowly) to school pickup to get out of the house, stopped by the grocery store on the way to get valentines gifts for the kids, blah blah blah, yada yada yada it was a long day.

Pushed through until my son’s bedtime, fell asleep at 8 as he was going to bed, woke up at 10:15, now I’m wide awake. At least tomorrow I can sleep in and keep slowly drifting toward a third shift sleep schedule, which is still my body’s default.

3 Likes

I can’t get beck to sleep.

3 Likes

Definitely woke up sweating a few times last night. Checked the thermostat this morning bc I was cold and remembered my daughter turned on the a/c yesterday. (I don’t know why she can’t just turn down the heat and leave it at that.) It was 62.

So it’s normal that I was chilly this morning but I still can’t get used to being hot at night. We didn’t even have a blanket, just a thin bedspread that I originally bought for summer but now use year round.

I have a doctor’s appointment in 10 days or so. (PCP) I can’t decide if I should capitulate and accept the sleep med she offered a year ago or make an appoint with my gyn and beg for an adjustment.

Eta: Yesterday was warm enough for me to head to PT without a jacket, but hubby says it got to 17 overnight. I’m kind of amazed my house stayed at 62 with no heat on.

1 Like

Talk to your gyn! The risks of taking hormones are generally less than the risks of taking sleeping pills.

Good thought. It’s just that last time she didn’t seem to take me seriously. I’m afraid she’ll just offer a higher dose of what I’m already taking, which is making me sleepy but isn’t making me sleep more.

Since I take Ambien on the regular… I’m interested.

Actually I lied I did take it on the regular but still sleeping shitty so I stopped about 2 weeks ago.

after taking these like candies for the past few years, I think it’s starting to cause harm to me, so I just stick to melatonin now, and only take ambien if I want to get a little TURNT.

I think I get withdrawal symptoms (not just insomnia the following days) from it.

Ambien was terrible, I will never take it again.

My doctor prescribed me an antihistamine for sleep, like Benadryl but stronger. It’s used off label for sleep, because of its drowsiness side effect, but even that is tough for me to wake up from the next day.

It’s Hydroxyzine, I looked it up.

Exhausted & awake…

3 Likes

Nothing like a February tornado warning to pump up the adrenaline at bedtime. (Nothing major at my house. It’s never at my house. It was within 3 miles tho. I took shelter with my daughter, her friend, and the cat. I dunno what Mr aj was doing.

I took Benadryl (half dose) on Saturday night & almost got 9 hours, but I was soooo tired yesterday. Does Ambien do that?

2 Likes

I heard he wanted to mow the lawn before the grass got wet…

That’s probably it. :grimacing::sweat_smile:

Candidate for the Darwin Awards?

Have you ever seen a tornado close up? It’s a dream of mine!

But I don’t know if I’d ever move to a state that has frequent tornados.

I’ve seen a classic funnel but it was far enough away that it wasn’t scary. Not for me, I mean. I made the mistake of pointing it out to my kids (6 & 10 I guess?) They were pretty freaked out.

They are usually rain wrapped so it’s hard to get good footage, especially in the dark—you have to depend on lightning and power flashes to see what is happening.

1 Like