Improved health and lifestyle from quitting drinking

Interesting study, although rat based so nothing conclusive for people

“We’re seeing that dependent behaviors may not always be from long-term, high-quantity habits but a result of rapid epigenetic changes in the brain, which we show in this study may start happening even at low doses,”

But, that is the purpose of alcohol, isn’t it?

Or, studies with obvious results.
Or, DUH!!

lol for real.

the whole point of drugs is for escapism. Gimme a new brain if it needs done

I think this part would surprise some and not be an obvious result

"We’re seeing that dependent behaviors may not always be from long-term, high-quantity habits but a result of rapid epigenetic changes in the brain, which we show in this study may start happening even at low doses,” said Pandey, who is also a senior research career scientist at the Jesse Brown Veterans Affairs Medical Center.

A first for me last night. I had a dream where I was having a beer and didn’t like it / found the “buzz” affect disorienting.

I’ve had intermittent dreams since stopping, but thus far none where I straight up no longer liked alcohol.

5 Likes

damn these bots be sneaky

1 Like

Mebbe we spam madoudjih with actuarial exam prep providers. That’ll lurn him good!!!

Thanks for flagging that spam post. User has been treated with C4.

:lolup:

This is the hardest week of the year… my family likes to take the stress to 11 for xmas day planning. Last year it was everyone had covid. big fights about if it was ok to canel or not. then my grandmother died of mysterious illness 2 weeks later.

this year mom’s 3rd husband is near dead with COPD + Flu. He was in hospital 8 days, just came home, but still piss poor shape. Likely be down for weeks more, likely months to full recovery. COPD patients do not do the flu well. My mother had flu shot, got flu from him but was better in 3 days.

Now mother’s 3rd husband doesnt want anyone at the house since he is so sick (not to protect us, he is just a PITA and wants to be alone. He also afraid of getting more illness. hes kinda a POS in general).

so now mother dealing with the prospect of not having her kids over on xmas day. she is not taking it well. She is aware of my opinion of 3rd husband (hes been a loser for 15 years on her couch) and knows I dont care what he thinks.

26th is my 3 year mark. I can do this.

9 Likes

Good luck LuckyHat.

As I said before this thread was one of the inspirations for my own stop. This will be first Holiday without booze, we’ll see how it goes. My family I think is not as crazy as yours though so I’ve got that going for me.

1 Like

thanks. good luck to you. I hope you find a supportive environment.

My hometown and all the people there represent all the reasons I drank in the first place. Xmas is like my final boss every year. This is 3rd year though, so I know its possible to get through it.

1 Like

I didnt even tell you guys the Thanksgiving story…

I literally almost got shot on thanksgiving day in my home town.

I really really dont like going there.

Ugh, I’m so sorry. Glad my family is relatively chill about the holidays. My stepmom isn’t that chill, but with the exception of baking my Dad’s favorite pie (which she lets me do) she insists on doing the rest anyway so it’s stressful only to her.

And my mom is taking a more and more laid back approach every year. Which… I’m a little sad she’s not making her signature beef tenderloin & Yorkshire pudding Christmas Eve dinner, but having a relaxed mother beats the meal, so it’s good. And I’m not willing to take that on in her kitchen, so it is what it is and it will work out.

older people should learn to smoke weed.

3 Likes

Holy shit!
And, almost holey shit!!

Need “Improving health and lifestyle from quitting family” thread.

2 Likes

the family seems more toxic than Alcohol!

:flushed:

then the guy that almost shot me recorded it, then sent the video to the cops to prove I was harassing him. Cops called me the next day ask actually said ‘are you ok? usually when some one has a gun pointed at them they call us’.

sorry, this one still feels like an open wound. Ill tell the whole story after I have more time to emotionally process how stupid it was. My kids were with me when it happened which im still not OK with.

3 Likes

Holy fuck!!
(Increasing my swearing severity to keep up with the horror.)

LH, take your time healing from this.

remind me again why we’re treating chronic conditions of people who don’t seem to care about themselves or anyone else anyway?

You can! I believe in you.

1 Like