Improved Covid vaccine poll

FTFY, M Rouge.

We got year and a half of excess mortality data that tells me I don’t really need to make the distinction anymore.

6 Likes

If you want to offer a better edit note the deaths are preventable more than the virus itself.

1 Like

Yeah, you are an actuary, and you’ve seen the mortality data. You are lying.

1 Like

That’s a serious accusation. What part of that was a lie?

It’s intellectually dishonest.

I’m not sure if anyone has ever said this to you, but the “with COVID” thing is incredibly hurtful to people who have lost someone close to them due to COVID. You seem to get some kicks from it, but I wonder if you have any clue how much a knife to the heart it is each time for the person on the other side of the screen.

4 Likes

That you are pretending that the people who are dying of covid just happen to have this novel infection when they develop novel nasty symptoms and die. Oh, it’s only “WITH” covid, not because of covid.

I usually respect your posts. But that “correction” was really over the top wrong.

And yes, I think it’s against the rules to accuse a poster of lying. I am too angry to give a shit.

And yes, I lost an uncle and and aunt to covid. And no, they didn’t just happen to have covid, they died of covid. And the raw mortality numbers prove that a hell of a lot of other people died of covid.

And Marcie is smart enough to know that. And is denying it despite knowing that an enormous number of people have died because they were infected with covid.

3 Likes

It’s almost like something specific happened since that 2020 poll to shift opinions in certain demographics. I wonder what we could do to reverse that shift. We could talk to people within that demographic. Someone over there might give us some clues. No, that wouldn’t work. It’s better to rely on the limited information we get from our biased news sources, assume we know why they think what they think, and keep doing the same thing. Otherwise we don’t get to remain angry.

1 Like

Are you saying pointing out the difference between “of COVID” and “with COVID” is what is intellectually dishonest?

1 Like

Lucy covered the issue quite well. I have nothing to add.

It would be faster to say “Yes” or “No”.

That’s funny coming from you. :roll_eyes:

I’m not doing this with you. It isn’t worth my time. Engage someone else in your Friday games. Someone will bite.

4 Likes

“Intellectually dishonest” must mean different things in different parts of the world.

Trump lost and fox news started undermining vaccine efforts out of spite?

2 Likes

I have yet to hear of a single person in my real life who died with Covid. I now personally know 6 off the top of my head who were killed by Covid. I also know 4 that died from strokes and CHF within 2-3 months after having Covid who were not deemed of dying from Covid but I would wager that Covid exacerbated their condition.

4 Likes

I lost my father to covid a year ago this month.

I also have generally respected Marcie’s posts. But I see she’s changed her avatar for Halloween, and it appears her red hat is showing.

3 Likes

You don’t know what ‘intellectually dishonest’ means? That explains so much.

7 Likes