If you could travel for 3 weeks anywhere (after the pandemic), where would you go?

I’d like to do Germany Spain and England if given 3 weeks. Or a National Park US road trip

Solid plan right there!

Now I need to map out a hypothetical 3 week road trip lol

Do you all have jobs that you could be absent from for three straight weeks?

At some times of year, yes. But 2 weeks is a lot easier. Thus, my usual vacations.

1 Like

nice job

Wife & I had planned to visit Hawaiʻi this past year, so we’d still like to do that.

During the pandemic I was introduced to guitarist Richard Smith and hope to see one of his shows.

Also, Shawn Farquar’s :canada: Hidden Wonders show is now on my list of things to see.

Okay, now I want 5 weeks for a NP roadtrip. Just mapped it out.

Actually I should have some stops for non-NP things to do. Let’s make it 6 weeks.

1 Like

I can work from anywhere. And even with short vacations, I check email, delegate etc. to stay on top of things.

I can’t go completely off grid for more than a few days, I would not enjoy that. Sounds counterintuitive but I stay more relaxed by keeping tabs on work every other day or so while I’m vacationing.

I’d rather have 2-3 or more weeks where I have my laptop under a palapa by the ocean than 1 week where I don’t check in at all.

1 Like

Anywhere? New Zealand, Switzerland, Prince Edward Island, Alaska in the summer?

I’ll be heading to Jacksonville,FL to see my aunt.

Or go to the beach during the day and fish or swim. Then go back to my nice comfy bed at home.

It actually sounds quite intuitive, imo. You’re able to keep a few things moving along, perhaps. Answer a few emails, etc. Now, when you get back you’re not deluged with catching up on so much and so you’re able to relax and enjoy your time off without dreading the return to work.

I have permissive time off. As long as it’s not opinion season, I could take 3 weeks without much of an issue.

I expect vacation time coming out of the pandemic to be a lot more flexible.

Yes. That’s it exactly. And my brain doesn’t catastrophize the whole place going to hell in a hand basket each night while I’m trying to sleep! I can enjoy the sound of the waves.

This is just madness. Utter madness.

As a boss, I agree. I just approved a request that I might not normally approve bc it’s been a long year+, and I’m hoping everyone feels better and is more productive after a break.

It helps that my boss uses vacation time liberally. So I don’t expect to be questioned about it.

Agreed. If the company can’t manage without me checking in for 2-3 weeks, I need another 0 at the end of my paycheck.

1 Like

Naa, it’s my company. I busted my ass to make it mine and it’s on me to keep it going. It’s small by design. I like it that way. Truth is, I don’t have to put in a lot of hours each week. But I do have to keep a hand in.

I would feel very much different if I worked for someone else. When my employees take vacation, I encourage them to step completely back.

In my prior assignment I supported a business where most accounts were written with 7/1 effective dates. Accounts over a certain size required an actuarial sign-off, so during the months of May and June, the underwriters and I tended to work long hours in “all hands on deck” mode.

We also tended to go on vacation during the last half of July and August (staggered somewhat, to keep a skeleton crew around for endorsements, etc.).

On top of that, when I do personal travel, I tend to “plug in” for a little bit each day, to keep my inbox from going out of control, and avoid the extra stress from freeing up leave time.

I found out when I had Covid that yes, I could be gone for 3+ weeks. I think my boss was glad to have me back tho.