I Voted

Ok. It’s there. I’ve granted it to you.

If anyone else wants, it, shoot me a PM

i’m good with the “i voted!” badge for now

I voted absentee by mail. The on-line tracker updated today to show that they received my ballot and accepted it as properly submitted. Very easy.

Dropped my ballot in the box at city hall Monday around 2:30pm, just got text it has been received and will be sent for signature verification and to watch for an update notice.

Hurry up and count my vote! :ocean:

Just filled out my ballot. Will drop it off at a box tomorrow.

Well that was nice and fast. 5 hours to change in status. Signature verified and ballot counted.

It’s in the box. Now to watch the tracking system.

just tracked my ballot again and finally got a status that I think means it was accepted. It took a while. It was at the post office for a while according to the tracking site. now it says this:

" Tracking Status: Ballot Received Valid

Your valid Absentee Ballot was received at the BOE."

1 Like

I’m going through my ballot right now doing research on all of these “lesser” races. Anyone who states that they’re “humbled” to be elected/nominated/supported/whatever automatically does not get my vote. I can’t vote for someone who doesn’t know what it means to be “humbled”.

Whenever someone says that I always want to ask, “How has [receiving this honor/award/recognition] made you humble?”

According to the instructions on the ballot, write ins had to be from an official list. Two of my choices were between two republicans. One had an offical Dem write in candidate option, so I went ahead and did that. The other didn’t have one - and when I looked up the candidates they both were Trumpians, so I had to leave that one blank.

1 Like

I did research on the lesser races for the primary since it was dems vs dems. for the general election, it was pretty easy to vote straight line democrat.

I live in a RED state. So I am a registered republican. This way I can vote in the R primaries … for the candidate I think will be easier for the Dem to beat. :us: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Registered as independent, and can request either R or D ballot for non-presidential primaries. Have to register as R or D for presidential primaries. I haven’t ever changed my registration for a presidential primary before (also haven’t ever voted in a presidential primary), not sure how difficult it is to switch and switch back, or whether there’s a waiting period. If not for corona, I would have figured it out this year. Now I have 3 years to procrastinate…

Trump has changed me from a mostly uninterested citizen (except to vote blue because R’s are so bad in terms of a variety of social issues that are important to me) to a wtf is happening, how tf is this happening voter.

Biggest difference being that I engage people in my family I’ve previously let slide on their :cow: :poop:, in the most loving way I can muster, which has on occasion been to explain that because of xyz I’m self-caring enough to stop talking to them, rather than letting them slide and continuing to listen to their BS which they take as agreement. It’s definitely hardest with my mom. I love her, but man…

Did you realize in the 2016 primaries that Trump was not going to be easy for the dems to beat though? I’m not sure I would have known that in the primaries.

1 Like

i’m also confused. why would that be a strategy when you live in a red state vs in any state? the blue states also have primaries for the republicans.

Usually you can only vote in one primary so maybe Democrats would prefer to vote in the Democratic primary rather than the Republican primary.

yeah, i’d rather vote in the democratic one because i definitely had a preference in this one. i mean, by the time it got to NY it was gonna be biden and the rest had dropped out, but if they had not, I wanted Liz to be president.

also, this year, voting in the republican primary is pretty pointless since none of the others had a chance against trump.

I don’t think I voted in the R primary in 2016. I know I didn’t vote for trump.

This year, I voted for KKKobach in the Senate primary because I knew he would be easier for Bollier to beat. I think she has a chance though.

For president, I would have preferred to vote in the dem primary. I liked Liz too. I hope she gets a good cabinet seat. Same with Pete.

pete is adorable

I live in a blue state, so i usually vote in the Democratic primary because that’s usually the vote that will matter. In most cases, whoever wins that primary will win in the general.

That seems like a really strategy. What if he wins?

I always vote for my preferred (or least disliked) candidate on the ballot. If i dislike them all, and either my vote doesn’t matter or i have no preference, i leave it blank or write in someone i like.

1 Like