I’m hosting trivia. Help me with some STEM questions

Name the top 10 warmest years. Trivia with a dose of moralism.

Name 5 countries in the Ring of Fire

Which weighs more: a pound of feathers or a pound of steel.

2 Likes

I’m singing the song and not repeating any country - duh!!!

What are the first 4 digits, after the decimal, of pi? Some might say 1416, which which are the first 4 after the decimal of pi rounded to 4

Perhaps too controversial, maybe too easy. Name a type of rock that Marjorie Taylor Greene is dumber than.

Or same question, less controversial wording. Name a type of rock.

Pi or Tau, there’s only one real answer

Acid rock

pop rocks

Then why post such a request on this board if not to get those outrageous ideas?

Even more so, the First Round would likely be the worst of the sets.

[But I like the rounds as they stand]

FWIW, if you get a competitive enough crowd and have interesting enough items, it won’t matter too much as T-Roy may just be asked back to see if they will do “better” in subsequent rounds.

(That is, if the crowd is entertained by learning the answers to many of these items, that may be sufficient and make T-Roy even more popular.)

Bonus points if they answer “a Republican”?

ask something about the mean/average roll of a standard (#1-6), fair six sided die.

if you want to go similar but harder, make it a fair 6-sided die, but instead of 1-6 make it 1,2,3,4,6,6.

Or you could weight the sides so that 1-5 are 10% and a 6 is weighted to be 50%.

if you want to get them excited, ask about balls and urns.

Who doesn’t love a good balls and urns question?

1 Like

Round 4 Q:

You drive to a town that is 400 miles way and take 5 hours to drive there.

Along the way, you drive at the following speeds: 90 mph, 75 mph, 40 mph, and 35 mph.

What is your average speed? 80 mph; in physics, “average speed” is total distance / total time

Songs
1.) BBT Barenaked Ladies
2.) She blinded me with science
3.) Weird Science
4.) White & Nerdy
5.) Rock You Like a Hurricane
Others.) The Thunder Rolls, Thunderstruck

I beleive #2 and #3 are the same.

But for other “science-related” songs: The Thunder Rolls? Rock You Like a Hurricane?

Can ask the “Die Hard Water Jug” question.

For some fun:

“According to a textbook: The chance of dying from a gunshot is how many times higher in the United States than in England?”

Answer “30, but if we were in Florida we’d never know.”

Source:

You could also do the one where you drive at n mph for m miles, how fast would you need to drive the 400-m miles to get there in 5 hours, and the answer is undefined because you used up all 5 hours to go the m miles.

1 Like

Weird Al must have something…
maybe “White & Nerdy

According to White and Nerdy: what is the only question he thought was hard?

1 Like

Song?

For hints… Also from TMBG: Why does the Sun Shine… or Mammal…