I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

Tell us what your wife thinks post wearing them and knowing what they cost. I need more than an actuarial opinion.

Bought weeks (months?) ago, but going to see Danny Elfman in concert tonight.

1 Like

Saw an interview with him on the TV this morning. Should be a great show.

These are the socks:

Pros:
Cushioned sole
Cute pattern
Seems well made and unlikely to pill

Cons:
Cost
Length was about an inch too short (yeah, TWSS). She said it’s not an uncommon length, just not what she prefers.

While she liked several patterns of the too/short length socks, none of the knee high ones were appealing enough for the cost.

1 Like

Bought a very large wine refrigerator. At a liquidator place. Holds 100+. I still insist to my wife that we need to drink what we have, but most of the wine we have are “special occasion” wines, and there just aren’t that many of those these days.

Reasons why: we have two wine boxes (shipments, not boxed wine) that do not fit in the currently owned two small refrigerators.

1 Like

Are you going to keep the wine for a number of years to age (Held To Maturity) or they’re ready to drink but you’re not ready to drink it (Held For Drinking)?

I think I want a WiFi extender. Is there one that will reach, say, from the router that is inside my home to my backyard? My signal is weak to non-existant once I get out of the house. What should I be looking at?

Held for tasting. A recent shipment has 2016, 2017, and 2018 Pinot Noirs, which we tasted at the winery at its shipment party. We have to decide if we’ll be vertical tasting with others or just drinking them one at a time, like yokels.
We also have a magnum (1.5L) of the same winery’s Pinot, but a 2015, which is said to be a wonderful year for Pinots in that area.

We have a Google mesh thing that works pretty well. It has 5 points set up all over the house (one is in the garage). Wi-fi works ok in the backyard too, up to about 40 ft from the house. If you place them strategically you can cover a big area.

1 Like

Like Triweasel, we got the Google mesh routers and they work pretty well. I don’t know if it’s the plaster, our house is absolutely terrible for both wifi and cell reception.

The addition on the back of the house is not plaster and stucco and we have a router there and the back yard coverage is pretty solid. Out front, not so much.

So I think that double concrete board (if I’m remembering correctly this is you?) could be a potential issue? I mean, three routers can’t be worse than one, except it may slightly slow down your connection speed. Right?

1 Like

My folks have had trouble with their wi-fi extender because the insulation in the walls has some sort of aluminized coating that interferes with the signal. I’m going to be trying to work remotely up there before Thanksgiving and I’ll have to set up close to the router I think.

Oh no, it sounds like they basically have a Faraday cage.

If you have plaster, it’s probably on a metal mesh that will block wifi.

I have mylar in the exterior walls (my house was built during the “space age”, and came with space age insulation) and between that and the aluminum roof, i get (almost) no cell signal and no TV signal in the house.

I suspect I have that on the exterior of my house, holding the stucco on. On the interior walls it’s just wood lathe and plaster - or at least that’s all I’ve seen so far in the few walls we’ve dug into.

1 Like

Yeah pretty much. I ended up dragging a hardwire under the house to get a connection to the office where they have their main computer.

This one time, at Bandcamp, I bought all of the “albums” from Tuba Skinny (Music | Tuba Skinny).

I just bought a MacBook pro with 4tb SSD. It should arrive around the end of the month.

2 Likes

Flannel sheets because that’s what the wife likes.

3 Likes

This sounds fun. Any plans for all that power?

This sounds fun. Any plans for all that thread count?

4 Likes