I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

Local GOC’s festival starts today. I will ask if there is a specific name for it.

1 Like

My Kindle did not come on release day as promised. They kept saying it would be delivered by 10pm yesterday, but also said it had not been shipped yet. Basically the same story today: should be here by 10pm, but they have no idea where it is or if it has been shipped.

1 Like

Bougatsa?

I don’t think so. Google tells me that bougatsa is cream-filled.

Kourkoubinia?

Maybe. I don’t remember them being rolled, but it’s a lot closer that bougatsa. It sounds like it would taste the same even if it’s a slightly different shape.

I recently got a new down jacket and I’m contemplating a merino base layer of some sort. Might go try some on at lunch tomorrow. The mid-weight Smartwool quarter-zip things look nice.

I think I’m marching towards a white/gray/black monochrome color scheme for travel wear.

. Stupid linking

Just ordered the iPhone 14 Pro Max. Comes out to about $10/month with trade-in.

Should be here Monday or Tuesday.

3 Likes

I bought my wife a $50 recurve Turkish Horsebow for Halloween?

I like when there’s a special price point, where high-end costume = low-end reality.

I bought a lot of lightbulbs. I found some 150watt equivalent LEDs. Let’s see if they work …

I’m a big Philips fan. The FEIT bulbs I tried were garbage, especially on a dimmer, despite them being labeled as dimmable. Spent a LOT of money doing Cree bulbs in a 3500 sq ft house, had 4-5 failures in a year and a half or so.

Switched to Philips maybe six years ago. Dozens of bulbs. Two failures, one of which was me hitting a bulb with a ladder, so. I like the ones with the warm glow feature, where the light gets warmer (more yellow) as you dim. Great for ambient lighting, imo.

I just bougt some Cree bulbs, and some brand I’ve never heard of that promised a lot of lumens. But where did you buy the Phillips bulbs? I may give them a try, next time I buy bulbs.

I used to get them at Home Depot, but last time I went they didn’t have any Philips LED. I take that back, they may carry the Philips wifi bulbs, I didn’t look for those.

So now I’m gonna have to order them online, I suppose. It’s possible someone sells them locally, but I haven’t seen them anywhere.

I got these:

They are more “daylight” and less “warm white” than what I’m guessing you got. I want them to do jigsaw puzzles, and want a bright white light. They only have a CRI of 80 (same as the Phillips, but lower than what Cree claims) so we’ll see how they do.

Philips has a bulb that’s closer to daylight. I use them for things like bathroom lighting, in the walk-in closet etc - daylight is great for task lighting (like doing jigsaw puzzles!).

For the rest of the house I like a warm light. Particularly because we have an old house and that feels right. I have a few old fixtures with exposed bulbs and use the LED Edison type bulbs which tend to be REALLY warm.

Yeah, I bought some 2700 Cree bulbs for the bedroom. But the lights for the library, and dining room sconces are daylight. (4000 and 5000). We have a mellower chandelier in the dining room for dining, but I mostly use that lovely big table for tasks, and want a bright clear light for that.

The phillips bulb you used may be really good for the bedroom, though.

1 Like

I used to be fun once. Now, it’s all socks and light bulbs.

7 Likes

My experience with Cree has been bad. Every one of them (more than a dozen) failed, years early. In fact, three compact fluorescent bulbs that were demoted to other locations when the Crees were purchased outlasted the Crees by a mile. This was a while back, but I will not give them another try.

1 Like

The quality of the light is much better than what you get from a compact fluorescent, though.