I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

For now…

Just sayin’…I said the same thing when I upgraded from 6 to X and X to 12. Battery life was a nice improvement but over time it became not-as-good-as-it-once-was.

That’s exactly what my thought process was…sure, I could’ve held onto the X for another few years, but they were offering so much money for the trade-in that it seemed like a no-brainer.

1 Like

Maybe I’ve been lucky, I’ve noticed some degradation, but nothing major on the phones I’ve owned. I handed one phone down to my son, and around the four year mark battery life turned south, but that’s a good run I think.

1 Like

I’m curious as to how well that cordless mower works out for you.

Last year I invested in an EGO cordless string trimmer based on the recommendation of a fried, and I am a little disappointed in the power to whack through taller grass that’s adjacent to a fence line that my mower cannot reach. The thing was pricey, and I appreciate the avoidance of gas and oil, but the power is just underwhelming.

I’m also interested in updates from the lobster. I’d love to have electric lawn tools, assuming the power is there. Buuuuut, I have a 4yo Honda mower and an ~8yo Stihl trimmer, so I’m probably not buying anything too soon.

That sounds like an endorsement for a stihl string trimmer.

I have NEVER had a string trimmer last over 5 years. They just decide not to start, and the cost of repair (really just a carb clean out) is as much as a new trimmer, so I just buy a new one every few years.

I almost bought the Dewalt Elec Mower as well. My yard is riiiight between a rider and a mower, so I didn’t think that a single charge electric mower was the right call for me. I am buying a rider for next season now that I learned that I don’t enjoy 2 hours cutting lawn. I also have to put in a wider door to my shed for this. Fun stuff owning homes…

1 Like

You people cut your own lawns?

Plebes.

100%. I had three cheapo gas trimmers that lasted a few years each, and none of them worked particularly well when they did work. The Stihl always starts and runs (yesterday was the first time it started in 2022 and it started on the third pull), and has great mid-range power compared to the cheap guys.

I have the older version of the link below. There is also an FS40 with about 10% less power for $170, and the FS38 with about 20% less power for $150.

Damn straight.

2 Likes

Instead, I drive to the fitness center, wait until a parking spot closest to the door is available, and then walk on the treadmill for an hour.

2 Likes

I think batteries have advanced.the mower takes two of dewalts biggest batteries. We’ve got a battery trimmer as well, and yeah, it’s a bit underwhelming. The mower sure sounds like it’s for some power, and reviews are good. So I’m hopefull.

Is it self-powered? How long does it run?

My lawn is slopey, full of stuff to avoid. Last i looked, the electric mowers worked so it on a single charge, and I’m just not messing with heavy batteries after mowing most of the lawn. And batteries tend to hold less charge over time, so if it barely finishes the lawn when new, it’s going to fail too young

But I’m interested in an electric mower.

And, when the batteries eventually can’t hold a charge, just buy new ones.
Not sure when that happens.
I have a small enough lawn that I could do it myself, but I don’t have the three hours it would take me. (Lawn is small, but lots of leaves on pavers.)
Also, no storage space for the equipment. First, make the storage space. THEN, maybe, buy the equipment and do it myself, every other week or so. Heck, they’re cutting us down to one day per week of watering soon. Might as well rip out the small front lawn and put in rocks and cacti.

I do a lot of gardening, which includes ordering weird stuff that maybe i need a phytosanitary certificate to import… I’d be really upset if i came home and found the lawn guys had weed-whacked my new baby.

I had a riding mower a couple houses ago and I had the greatest time just tooling around the yard with it. It definitely felt more like a toy than a chore.

My uncle lived on a farm and had a John Deere Gator. He rode that thing everywhere - even something as simple as a trip from the house to the shed. Of course, he was 80 something years old, so I’m not going to be all “:heynow: you need to get your steps in!!!” Anyway, my real point is, he loved that thing & used it for all sorts of “haul this box of stuff over to that place over there.”

1 Like

I’ll definitely get one that you can detach the blades easily. I’m a fan of TroyBilt too…

1 Like

It’s not self powered. It will apparently run over an hour.
As for batteries, it uses the same ones my tools use. They’re not heavy, and I have at least one full.second set already from my tools. And vice versa, if I’m doing work with tools, now I have two more batteries.
I actually started looking at this because I was investigating battery powered snowboards at the end of the winter.

wtf? gravity does all the work!

[checks google]
Huh…I guess it’s a thing.

I meant snowblower. I have problems with autocorrect.

1 Like