I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

They did this on “Mission: Impossible” a few times.

Lol. Not that bass. It has a very bright tone and is most known for things along the lines of Glen Campbell’s deep twangy solos on Wichita Lineman and Galveston, spaghetti western music, etc, although you can play more traditionally bass-y stuff on it.

Loved his music, and this song in particular.

Wanted some hot pink sneakers (Nike rarely ever makes hot pink sneakers for men) so I bought these today. This is a Nike collaboration with the Doernbecher Children’s Hospital in Portland. They have kids receiving cancer treatment at the hospital design shoes and then sell them with proceeds going to the hospital.

4 Likes

Just in time for Pride Month!
Good on you!

it is up and fully functional. come on over this weekend!

5 Likes

It’s going to be a nice weekend for that. :diving_mask:

I would think you could find some around October. Seems lots of teams are able to find stuff like that. Maybe not shoes?

Seems some of these are hot pink and not just pink.

Tickets for Jason Isbell at the Ryman Auditorium go on sale in an hour. Hoping I score some.

2 Likes

Score! 10/20 performance.

2 Likes

now all you gotta do is organize the Po-Tacular for Nashville in October!

Come on down everyone. I’m probably arriving Fri 10/20 and leaving Sunday. I’m driving, so timing is flexible.

Its possible I will do Thursday - Saturday instead, which probably isn’t as conducive to a meetup.

My wife is trying to plan a girls’ trip there. Girls are all over (gone mild, though): NoCal, SoCal, NJ, WA, and England. One has family there, would be visiting anyway for a month or two. Possibly in Oct. Anyway, I’ll sneak in via her baggage.

CCA Annual Meeting is the 16th-18th. If you start it early enough I’ll be there for a beer.

You’ll get to ride on the luggage carousel. I did that as a kid once.

I bought 8 1600 lumen 3000K dimmable Cree light bulbs. I was originally planning to buy 2 2700K lightbulbs, to go with 2 I had in a new overhead light. But they seem to be sold out. I could find some 3rd-party resellers offering them for $25/bulb. I decided to go with the still-available 3000K, instead, and buy a bunch, to have replacements.

I have had bad experience with Cree’s durability in the past. I won’t give them a chance ever again. I hope they have fixed their quality problems.

I love them. I’ve had trouble with the durability of every LED lightbulb I’ve tried. But the crees have a really nice quality of light and dim smoothly without flickering. I just buy new ones when they fail.

I am not really one who uses the dimmer, so if that works for you, great. I just chafe at the extra waste of a bulb that lasts less than two years and extra cost of a Cree.