How much does GoA cost to run?

Wow that discord is massive. Somehow i didnt know about it until now. I feel so old and out of touch.

Looks like that discord has the whole actuarial discord avenue covered.

1 Like

TLDR: complaining is not what is used to be

I know I am quite late on this, for me part of the interaction was posting and complaining about exams in the days after the sitting. Now that the CAS stopped releasing exams a lot of that back and forth of discussing which questions you think were unfair/faulty is all gone, ditto for when results and the examiners report was released.

I thought Discord was for children to curse out other gamers while they play Call of Duty or some shit.

okay, boomer

1 Like

it is.

1. Although Discord was designed around gaming, it has had many other uses as well.

2. There are many other games besides Counterstrike.

3. Usage of voice versus text channels varies.

4. All the few dozen servers I’ve joined have rules against threatening or harassing other users, and they’re generally fairly well enforced.

Of course, you are entitled to your own opinion about what Discord is “for”. But your example is not representative.

You might be taking him a little too seriously. I sent a mass email to a group of people who also (mostly) share a discord server. A friend messaged me through discord DMs, and asked if i was going to repeat the info in the discord server, for those who don’t read their email. So I quoted that comment about discord to him. And he replied, “well, yes it is”.

But i also posted the info in the discord server. Because he was right.