House of the Dragon (no spoilers)

It was a little more than weird in GoT as well.

I’m getting some strong “Uncle/Niece hanky panky is nbd” vibes.

Anyway, back to my point.

1. It’s impressive that the showrunners/GRRM are able to convince the audience to not only be OK with some family dilly dallying but actively root for them/their cause.
  2. It’s also weird that we as an audience do #1 cause ya know… people are generally not in favor of intra-familial boinking

Eh, it’s fiction.

Vaemond, meet Dark Sister.

So, another six years pass. Aemond looks 30, while his older brother Aegon (not to be confused with Aegon I or Aegon his, um, newish nephew?) looks 17.

I think the point to be made was that Aegon-son-of-Alicent has grown into a childish, overly entitled, rapist a$$hole. Aemond grew into a fighter to be reckoned with. Aemond spent most of his youth being smaller and being picked on, and that history made him mean, vicious, and revenge seeking, and capable of violence.

The time jumps don’t seem to bother me as much as they seem to bother other people, but it is a challenge to keep some characters straight, like Baela and Rhaena who just seem to muddle together as one pair not two individuals - even with different hair styles.

At this point, you just have to start to remember who lines up in camp green (Alicent & her son Aegon) and who lines up in camp black (Rhaenyra, Daemon, and Jace) and who amongst those have dragons, and which dragons are the most powerful. Right now, Aemond & Vhagar seem to be the most powerful matchup.

Yo, spoilers!!

It’s a Tuesday, two days after airing. I think this is all established within the story as has already-been-told.

1 Like

No, you are giving away the future of the series with your fixes to my post.

OK, I didn’t realize that. Point noted.

Paragraph now omitted.

OK.

So fix it, please!

So the question I have been contemplating was why Rhaenys at first rejected Rhaenyra’s offer to wed the kids, but then shifter her stance in court.

What I read online was that she was supposedly so moved by Viserys’s willing himself to the throne that she was overcome by loyalty to him and knew he preferred Luke’s ascension to the Lord of Driftmark. I don’t get that - the loyalty part. She’s always had reason to be bitter about Viserys’s reign.

I do seem to think that the deal gets Rhaenys what she wants, which is one of her granddaughters to inherit Driftmark, and the girl’s kids eventually inheriting Driftmark. But why wouldn’t she take the offer from Rhaenyra straight away? Why say one thing but then proclaim differently at the throne? She still seems to think that Daemon and Rhaenyra are to blame for both her daughter’s and son’s “deaths”. She was the one who sort of knew that Laenor would make a poor husband for Rhaenyra because of his preferences.

It seemed like before Viserys’ came down took the throne to make a ruling that who would be proclaimed Lord of the Tides and heir to Driftmark was going to go a different way. Once it was confirmed, I assumed she saw that as her best path to what she wanted.

Yeah, that makes more sense. When it was Alicent and Otto making the ruling she would have gone with Vaemond, but seeing Viserys show up, she predicted it would go to Luke. Makes sense that she just wanted to be on the winning side.

And then Vaemond found out he was denied, he sort of lost his head, figuratively and literally. I loved Daemon whispering “… Say it!..”

Viserys, The King, put her on the spot. She says anything different in front of the King and it would be her tongue/head, since it would imply the same remark/shout that Vaemond made.
So, smart move.

Paddy Considine’s acting in the latest episode was A+++. A lot of comments circling the socials about how his acting was spot on for Viserys’s final days/hours. Can’t say I disagree with them, he was phenomenal. So was the hair/makeup and CGI.

Matt Smith has been A++ all season as well.

1 Like

Viserys vs Viserys

1 Like

Very good episode last night.

2 Likes

Rhaenys was badass. That was an epic scene

I’d kinda fallen off the bandwagon but am all caught up now and agree last episode was vg

All she had to do was say everyone’s favorite word and poof. The baddies are gone.