High latitude living

4:30

Sunlight plz go away

Canadians how do u deal

The dark months are usually what people don’t like…

what

ain’t nobody want that nasty sunlight coming in

Have you tried black out curtains?

1 Like

You could always move further west in your time zone, shift that sun to the PM hours where it belongs

I don’t know about Canadians, but I chatted last night with an acquaintance who’s visiting Iceland, and was out golfing at 10pm.

Mid summer in minnesota we finsihed a round and walked off around 9pm. it’s dusk and not good enough vis to start, but as finishing it was fine. In HS we went to USSR and st petersberg (of course named something else then). I love the long days. HATE the super short ones.

In Soviet Russia, Leningrat renames you

So we should all go live in a more reasonable latitude, such as…30???

I’m pretty partial to about 40 degrees or so

Celsius or Fahrenheit?

1 Like

Speaking of Celsius how do I vote for the US to get over it and switch to meters and celsius

Just start using only metric and see if it catches on.

-40F = -40C. :exploding_head:

:iatp:, it’s a sign

My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I like it!

3 Likes

Changes in latitude, changes in attitude…

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much the only thing I don’t like about where I live. I don’t like it when it gets dark at 4:30 in the winter, and I don’t like it when it stays light past 9:30. I find it relaxing when it’s dark out, but there are days in the summer where I never see the darkness.

It was darned near 9:00 p.m. last night before it got completely dark here!!! :night_with_stars:

Sunset will be 9:00 tonight, and will be up to 9:10 by the end of the month. I have family in AZ and the sunset there is 7:30. Such a more reasonable time. Too bad everything else about AZ sucks.