Have we rounded the corner for the final time?

If they have a backyard pool, I’d really be giving them the side-eye

1 Like

And i have a low grade sore throat from acid reflux most of the time. I’m not quarantining whenever i have a sore throat. I mean, I’m kind of quarantining all the time anyway these days, but I’m not going to take any special precautions due to the sore throat, other than disclosing it to doctors, none of whom has seemed concerned that it will give them covid.

Same!

I just need to buy a gun now, I guess.

Well, I didn’t scare myself out of vaccination. I just delayed because I acquired natural immunity. But I have a backyard pool and I only don’t have a gun because it is a fairly expensive hobby and I don’t feel enough danger to feel the need for one for protection. And I don’t hunt, though if I had a gun, I might.

I suspect this is true. I’ve started mentioning Trump positively when responding to a skeptic who I think might be persuadable.

As in: “Part of the reason Trump’s Operation Warp Speed was so successful was because research had already started on mRNA vaccines years earlier.”

1 Like

Put on your helmets (yeah, I know no one wears one there) because hetr we go!!!

I’ve been taking that approach too, although I haven’t been seeing enough people to have many conversations. Kind of like, “I’m glad Trump was able to get these vaccines out so quickly, his leadership really saved a lot of lives.”

2 Likes

Hospitalizations, by age groups (but not vaccination status)

Rates:

Numbers:

I think I’m going to download this data and do some alternative visualizations, but just eyeballing, it’s the younger adults whose hospitalization rates have stayed about the same, and the old people who have seen a drastic drop in hospitalizations. Seems like a win to me.

Sorry, not sure why it says I’m replying to an unrelated post.

Seems like the vaccines work

But will they turn us into zombies later?

wait, oh, 4 weeks and we’ll find out

Okay, doing different slices from the same link.

Check out the obesity/hospitalization link by age:

Diabetes:

Hypertension (yikes!)

Final slice (for now) – the percentage age composition of the hospitalized-with-COVID, by month

nice.

1 Like

Is this the percentage of those hospitalized for COVID with the various ailments? Perhaps it’d be more insightful if it was relative to the wider population’s rate of those ailments?

2 Likes

What are the rates of these in the general population, by age?

Edit: Darn it, Daniel, you ninja!

2 Likes

I don’t know but I’m still waiting for my 5G to start working better. Maybe after my second shot.

2 Likes

Did you forget to include kids on your graphs? I hear Delta has put us all in the hospital. Did we just not fit on the y axis?

1 Like

Rickson says the vaxx will kill you, he didn’t mention whether you’d rise up as undead, I’ll ask him.

I got the google mesh network thing and it has been great. Maybe I can connect directly to that now…