Hate on you SOs friends

Update: Friend was invited to our D&D campaign a while back. The entire time, their character has been grumpy/angry, and basically roleplay consists of them yelling at us and in-game “leaving the room.”

They just sent a multi-paragraph message to all on Discord saying we’ve been unfair and we ignore them and also apparently talk shit about them behind their back. Note: the other players are people I’ve known for 15+ years and we haven’t talked any shit. We have also been attempting to include them, but due to their backstory they want to kill most of the other people at the table. Which is not conducive to being a party.

My partner who is DMing wants to cancel the campaign because they’re bringing up so much drama. Nobody’s responded. There’s no point, it will just be an argument. Engaging in drama just makes more drama, and I’m not about that.

An SO’s friend texted a group of us about a change to the UNO rules (because I am the one in the group who prefers we play by the rules, so I read them to make sure we do).
It was such an unusual change that I had to look it up.
I could not find the Rule Change on the internet at some more valid website that she brought up.
Rule change was allegedly: Can no longer discard a Draw 2 card on top of another discarded Draw 2 card.
I asked for clarification, as the current rules are: if the person before you has discarded a Draw 2 Card, you must draw two cards and your turn is skipped. The person AFTER you can then place a Draw 2 Card. Now, if people are playing their own version of Hoyle’s Super Crazy 8’s where you can play a 2 on the prior 2 and the next person must draw 4 or play yet another 2, etc., and thinking that those are UNO rules, well, they are sadly mistaken.
She was interpreting the new rule, if it exists, that the third person (#1 discards Draw 2 card; #2 draws two and is skipped; #3 is next to play) is NOT allowed to discard a Draw 2 card.

Also, did UNO come to my house and change the rules on my UNO deck? I mean, sure, for NEW decks being sold, sure, change rules. They even have a new speed-up rule that allows you to put down all your eligible cards on your turn. Someone could conceivably win on the first turn. Cuz that’s fun!

Anyway, she got all butthurt at me because whatever she read online wasn’t actually true.

And, why would a company change rules just so that they sell more decks and make more profit? Wait…

I wasn’t going to complain too much about my SO’s friends when the thread was created, but one of her friends husbands was arrested Monday night, so I think I win something, right?

1 Like

Is he in Georgia?

2 Likes

Maybe that is what set him off.

There’s a thread for that.

2 Likes

My husband doesn’t have many friends, but his siblings are insufferable. Fortunately, he agrees with me on that.

Three of his sibs are Q-levels of nuts, and the fourth is a radical liberal.

1 Like

I may never have loved you more…

Aw, go on.

Can you offer them jobs instead of money? eg if they run errands for you they’ll get $20. Freeloaders gonna freeload

Nah, given that they live out of state. Plus I’ve found in a similar setup in the past, the person paying off their debt gets real weird about it, which is kind of understandable.

it’s not a debt if they do something for you up front for it

SO’s sister (my SIL) riles up SO. like every time. so we listen to a frustrated half conversation for the last 10 minutes and then have an hour afterwards where the raging feelings flow out. and SIL calls like every 2 days at the latest.

Oof

You get to be the punching bag for your SO’s frustration. yay.

Why the hell does she answer every time if it frustrates her??

I’d just let it go to voicemail more. Then 2 minutes later text, “Hey sorry, I’m busy, is this urgent?” Then don’t call back. Bonus points if she already left a voicemail and you clearly didn’t listen.

It’s hard to cut out toxic people, especially family.

The concept of “family” is often about controlling. People need to see if this is true of their family, and whether to accept it or challenge it.

I found it easy. No contact with my younger sister for many years. She’s toxic, an angry drunk with money. Puts her anger on everyone, and tries to control everyone. She tried that on me one last time and I just went no contact.
Doesn’t bother me at all, not having that anger and conflict in my life.

The rest of the family started out pushing me to reconcile but everyone’s slowly starting to get my point. A number of them mostly avoid her now as well.

2 Likes

SO had a “friend” text her last night that it was urgent and she had to talk

Apparently AI is training people to kill LGBTQ people, and my SO had to warn everyone she knew and people in power like RIGHT NOW!

Good news is we finally figured out what happened to Rickson…