Hate on you SOs friends

Nah, given that they live out of state. Plus I’ve found in a similar setup in the past, the person paying off their debt gets real weird about it, which is kind of understandable.

it’s not a debt if they do something for you up front for it

SO’s sister (my SIL) riles up SO. like every time. so we listen to a frustrated half conversation for the last 10 minutes and then have an hour afterwards where the raging feelings flow out. and SIL calls like every 2 days at the latest.

Oof

You get to be the punching bag for your SO’s frustration. yay.

Why the hell does she answer every time if it frustrates her??

I’d just let it go to voicemail more. Then 2 minutes later text, “Hey sorry, I’m busy, is this urgent?” Then don’t call back. Bonus points if she already left a voicemail and you clearly didn’t listen.

It’s hard to cut out toxic people, especially family.

The concept of “family” is often about controlling. People need to see if this is true of their family, and whether to accept it or challenge it.

I found it easy. No contact with my younger sister for many years. She’s toxic, an angry drunk with money. Puts her anger on everyone, and tries to control everyone. She tried that on me one last time and I just went no contact.
Doesn’t bother me at all, not having that anger and conflict in my life.

The rest of the family started out pushing me to reconcile but everyone’s slowly starting to get my point. A number of them mostly avoid her now as well.

2 Likes

SO had a “friend” text her last night that it was urgent and she had to talk

Apparently AI is training people to kill LGBTQ people, and my SO had to warn everyone she knew and people in power like RIGHT NOW!

Good news is we finally figured out what happened to Rickson…

:rofl:

Partner’s best friend is coming to stay with us for 3 nights, with a dog.

The dog is just annoying, I’m hoping it doesn’t flip out with our cats but they’re used to dogs. The friend is the one I don’t care for at all. With the way that weekend is structured, partner has to be gone a few times so I’ll have hours around the house with friend in it.

Will be having a discussion with partner that “is it okay if person stays the night?” does not automatically mean 3 nights is acceptable. I’d rather not spend 1 night with friend in my house. But in the grand scheme of things I will live.

You have that shed outside, right?

2 Likes

Friend is here for the weekend. Talked some things out with my partner first. I’m working today while friend is around, so far so good.

They “helpfully” kicked off the dishwasher which I had already run and it was perfectly clean. No harm. It reminded me of a time they did the same for an anniversary gift my spouse hand-painted and ruined it.

I am a leaf on the wind.

At least twice I’l lbe in the house alone with Friend for a couple of hours. That will be weird.

He Shed, right out there. Need to rebuild some kind of engine. Or two. No, you don’t need any help.

1 Like

I made an appointment to take partner’s vehicle for an oil change a while back. Can’t miss it, I guess they’re booked out for like another week or two. And it’s busy, might take half an hour longer than usual.

1 Like

And then you’ve got that book that needs to go back to the library, and while you’re there might as well browse the shelves to see if your favorite author’s conclusion to your favorite series is back in stock. Plus there’s that used video game store that’s having a clearance sale, can’t miss that, and did you see the new coffee place over on Maple that just opened? Better get a taste before the herds of hipsters hear about it and crowd you out.

4 Likes

“Oh, I’ll come with you!”
And we never saw SO’s friend again.

1 Like

We are also quite low on groceries, I think I’ll have to make a trip to the store to make dinner. Conveniently I won’t have thought of it until after I get back from the oil change.

4 Likes

Don’t forget to also go out notdrinking and get soberfaced.

2 Likes