Has GoA become an over 55 community?

I think eventually GoA will dwindle down to two people and they will have each other on Ignore.

3 Likes

I would have said one of them was ao fan, but thatā€™s not gonna happen

3 Likes

Who said that?!?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHA NEVER.GETS.OLD.

4 Likes

Whatā€™d you edit your HAHAs? Not enough originally?

Were the old ā€œpo-tacularsā€ just a bunch of ao-er drinkinā€™ and hookinā€™ up?

1 Like

I know of two couplings, Iā€™m pretty sure if Iā€™m aware of two, there are others Iā€™m unaware of.

2 Likes

Yes. Exactly that.

1 Like

Keeping the dream alive! I like it.

AO had a great center of gravity that I think will be difficult to duplicate. Support from Coaching Actuaries or another well regarded material study provider could be a big plus.

I remember Abe W. and a couple other authors spending time answering questions on the AO. I think that was win-win, they sold more manuals and the students learned more.

1 Like

This isnā€™t the AO, so thereā€™ll be none of those shenanigans.

1 Like

Well I wasnā€™t married.

ā€¦maybe common law.

1 Like

There were some unique combinations of circumstances that built the original ao. Stuff that wonā€™t happen anymore
The societies were pushing for non anonymous posting for one. Cas had conflict over posting habits. And we somehow managed to keep our site online when marks came out, when the societies websites went down under the load.

The only draw today would be a year long plus sustained push on exam posts, and as I noted previously we gave that a try, it didnā€™t fold immediately and we donā€™t have the resources to sustain what would be required to make the exam sections self sustaining.

Which as I also noted, is fine. Itā€™s a community site and thatā€™s ok with everyone I think.

Plus maybe if I return to exams next year, Iā€™ll start asking dumb questions in the exam forum. Life contingencies, are they even real?

2 Likes

Jables and jables?

1 Like

Only if you measure in dog years, and then a while. :dog:

Oh thatā€™s too bad. They needed a better name, like ā€œdrunk hookup-villeā€

I might have gone if thatā€™s what it was called.

I found out on the old ao that i might as well have been posting under my real name. Because I had a performance review and my manager started quoting exact things I said on the ao.

2 Likes

Maybe what the world needs is a dating site for actuaries.

When i invited you to that one party at my house one of my coworkers took me aside and was like ā€œDo you know who that is? He used to work with my sister and he posts crazy stuff on the AO!!!ā€

:rofl:

Is this all for realsies.

:popcorn:

I remember that house party very well. But I have no memory of posting ā€œcrazyā€ stuff on the AO

1 Like