Happy Thoughts

Part of what I love about it is that it’s not perfect. The stitches are perfectly straight in some places and less perfect elsewhere. Same with the points.

I bought all this stuff to start quilting and since then I’ve been kind of paralyzed bc I knew it wouldn’t be perfect. (You should see the backs of my old counted cross stitch projects. They were almost as perfect as they could be.) This may have been just what I needed to do my projects.

I’m putting it back in the bag for now but I’ll take a pic of the whole thing soon.

6 Likes

It’s a beautiful keepsake, looks like it took forever! I don’t love hand quilting, but on the quilting Reddit sub there are people who do EVERYTHING by hand, even the piecing, and they talk about a good year for them being one where they finish even one quilt. But I admit I am envious of their finished work, because it’s the kind of thing that will be handed down and cherished for decades.

I know what you mean about the paralyzing perfectionism. They have a saying: done is better than perfect! Some of my favorite stuff is pretty wonky and funky, and I didn’t love it all during the process. I hope you get the courage you need to take the leap! Someday, someone will feel the same about your finished product as you do about this one. :heart:

4 Likes

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 3.53.54 PM

Coworker and I have been emailing back and forth on a new month end process that I’m trying to implement.

The last line of the most previous email was “It’s such a joy to work with you, 1695814!”

Warms the cockles of my heart to get a compliment like that.

4 Likes

I can understand why they did it with email. If I did it in person, I would be terrified I would misremember one of your digits. (“Joy to work with you, 16958….41 sorry…14”).

1 Like

you have cockles? Might wanna get that checked out…

The doc said that if I can keep them warm they shouldn’t bother me

I find sarcasm very difficult to pick up in e-mails

1 Like

Ouch. :man_shrugging: Well, the text wasn’t red…

Numbers guy is a… brilliant man who has come up with many…well-thought-out, practical ideas, and is insuring the financial future of this company. Oh, and his personal hygiene is beyond reproach.

2 Likes

Thanks, Uncie Herb.

1 Like

Cross post to the insignificant signals thread.

I considered it

Taking four students out foraging on Saturday, for wild leeks, fiddleheads, and pheasantback mushrooms. Then back to my place to cook them up for a meal + perch that I caught with some students last weekend.
Next weekend, 9 hour drive north for a four day walleye fishing trip. Apparently they all spawn in a bay on the lake where we’re headed. Buddy told me last year you can catch like 50 in a morning this time of year. The students are going to go nuts. We can catch 4 pickerel each, so we’ll catch some, then eat them, then catch some more :). Plus pike is open up there right now too so we’ll work on that. I don’t really want a 4 foot pike in my boat, but worth it if a student pulls one out like that.

1 Like

Your students all spawn in a bay?!

1 Like

If left to their own devices, yes.

3 Likes

Flying to Denver tomorrow on Southwest. Purchased upgraded boarding. Got position A1. Which doesn’t literally mean I’m the first one on the plane, but I’ll get a decent seat and have room for my bag and all that.

2 Likes

on today’s run I saw two of my favorite kinds of dogs and stopped to say hello! one was so happy he peed (not on me).

then, 20 seconds later there was a bald eagle just chilling on a branch like 50 feet away from me. that was cool!

5 Likes

I got a solid 10 hours of sleep last night after a very long week, it’s incredible. Working on getting my butt out of bed to log onto a call starting in 11 minutes.

5 Likes

Just take the call from your bed…

Do you have teams access via your phone or do they make you do video?

We seldomly do video (to keep bandwidth issues down) so I shamelessly exploit this when I can.