Happy Thoughts

My echinacea/coneflower plants are very happy.

3 Likes

I think my allergies are finally under control.

4 Likes

I think we’re finally gonna get some decent rain over the next few days!!!

After jumping through multiple, multiple hoops, we got our COVID test results back yesterday (all negative) and once we complete our health assessments later today for the state of Hawai’i (all feeling fine) we will be cleared for departure to Maui tomorrow. First real vacation since Nov 2019.

6 Likes

We’re getting a good rain here!!! Saves me from watering the lawn!!!

1 Like

Ooh, thank you for the reminder (well, my plants thank you for the reminder). Temperatures have been “cooler” so I haven’t been on the same schedule for watering, but that also means I forget when I’m supposed to do it.

My sister is coming over in two hours to play VR with my kids, so Mr. NA and I will have a chance to take our scooters out for a ride at the same time.

I’ve also designated this summer an overalls summer. I bought of a bunch of loose, light pairs on Amazon and am living in them outside of the office. I might never go back to real pants.

2 Likes

Damage done. Hawky went into fart-sniffing overdrive after this post!

Happy thought: another paid day off!
Now WTF am I?

Have fun! Maui is awesome! I haven’t been since the SOA meeting. In 1998.

1 Like

Getting a great seat for my city’s fireworks show on the 2nd, sitting down as 10 sec countdown starts, enjoying a decent 15 minute show, parking spot was so good I was in my driveway 10 minutes after show ended.

Home show (at SIL’s rural property) went well. I didn’t create an elaborate show this year, but still wanted to do something. Only two relights needed on big racks. Really impressed with some new small (200g and less) multis that SIL bought. Might get creative for next year.

1 Like

Yesterday we had our first real family get together since the pandemic.

4 Likes

We about did that last night… left the house about 15 minutes before the show started, were situated in our viewing spot before the start. Show was scheduled to last 30 minutes. I didn’t check the actual start or end times but I think it started right on time and we pulled in the driveway 8 minutes after the scheduled end time, having stayed through the grand finale.

Key was parking at a business near the park rather than the park itself.

Nothing like a pandemic quarantine to make you glad to see the BILx3s. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: How are the SIL’s shoes? j/k. Did you see your favorite niece? Did Echo get to go?

1 Like

I was tempted to do a remote view to beat the traffic. There is a group of businesses that have a parking lot 500m from launch site with an uncertain sight line (not sure how much trees would have affected visibility), but they looked crowded as I drove by. I ended up 200m from launch site, close enough that the larger booms had a snap to them.

Kids were all there but the dog stayed home.

@Echo: Did Daddy abandon you at home??? Did that make you saaaaaaaad??? :frowning:

Noooo moooore studyingggg

6 Likes

Hey, we were home before dinner and keep her safe from all the scary fireworks.

So you shut the door this time? Obligatory IYKWIM.

1 Like

:wink: