Happy Thoughts

I was digging around for a treat to take in my lunch and I found an unopened package of Turtle Chex Mix. Family Size!

1 Like

I reached out to a colleague who is retiring and he responded with a lovely, personal message for me. I try really hard to be an authentic, kind, memorable person and today I feel successful in that.

11 Likes

I was having a funny dream last night and as I laughed, I laughed in real life and woke myself up.

Then, about two hours later, it happened again!

5 Likes

I’m taking some Waterloo international students winter camping next weekend. Here’s the menu:
Friday lunch venison burgers
Wild turkey and garlic mashed potatoes
Breakfast oatmeal
Lunch goose club Sandwich
Supper moose roast and French fries.
Breakfast french toast

1 Like

Can i go camping with you?

Sure. The more the merrier!

Gonna do a maple syrup boil today so we are ready for the French toast.

4 Likes

Don’t forget the boat.

finished the first draft of a fantasy / horror story today! First 80% is fantasy, then it takes an unexpectedly dark turn at the end that I didn’t quite see when imagining it at the start. That’s what I love about writing - the fact that characters surprise the writer with their aliveness. I’m not controlling them: it’s almost like I’m just transcribing the stories they want me to tell. Very cool feeling.

1 Like

3 Likes
party pooper

Is This a Pic of Steve Irwin Hanging Out with Mr. Rogers in Bob Ross T-Shirt? | Snopes.com

This is supposed to be the happy thoughts thread…

:frowning:

1 Like
Mr Rogers happily showing you the tall man

4 Likes

Happy half-tau day!

1 Like

Managed a 20-minute run this morning. I’ve been having knee pains in one of the joints, so I’ve been staying off running for a while (like, months). I hoped it wouldn’t get so bad that I’d have to stop, so I was very happy when, despite some pain, I was able to make it the full 20 minutes. Going to train for a couple of half-marathons in the fall, and this is a positive development.

4 Likes

Seeing the Amazon delivery driver buying lemonade from the girls next door (presumably on Spring Break this week) made my heart grow three sizes. Good job Amazon driver!

4 Likes

A long, long time ago daughter had a lemonade stand. USPS-guy who, in our neighborhood, delivers the mail to each individual house, bought a cup and gave them a $5 tip on top of that . Similarly, my heart grew a size or two (maybe even three) that day. Good job, USPS-guy!

2 Likes

A sock that I’ve been missing for over a year reappeared yesterday.

6 Likes

Did you find it in the refrigerator?

It was in the pile of unmatched socks. No clue how it got there. I’d like to think it showed up on Monday for a Pi Day miracle.

2 Likes

@Echo ?